Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering doing a mopar cam, so today I called up my local dealer to see if they would do something like that for me. They said they could order one for me, but they won't install it because my car wouldn't meet emission standards any more. They also added that if I did install one that it would void my warranty even though it is mopar. I don't really care that much about my warranty any ways, so I think I might just go with a different cam. The thing I am concerned about now is the emissions thing. Any of you ever here of someone not passing emissions because of an aftermarket cam?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've been considering doing a mopar cam, so today I called up my local dealer to see if they would do something like that for me. They said they could order one for me, but they won't install it because my car wouldn't meet emission standards any more. They also added that if I did install one that it would void my warranty even though it is mopar. I don't really care that much about my warranty any ways, so I think I might just go with a different cam. The thing I am concerned about now is the emissions thing. Any of you ever here of someone not passing emissions because of an aftermarket cam?
Go around to the various Dodge Dealers by you.....walk in and get some pricing on some "cosmetic" mods....see if you can get a conversation going bought Cars n stuff.....you'll get a good feelin pretty quick if the Dealer is a "car guy" or he just wants to sell cars. The "Dealers" feeling about cars will be shown the most in the Service Dept. guys and their attitude towards "hot rods" If he's a car guy, you're in !

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer has been pretty cool as far as my other mods go, they just don't go for the engine mods I guess.

·
Registered
584 Posts
How radical of a cam are we talking? If it is just a little more lift and duration than stock, it would probably be OK with emissions.
If you have someone else install it, the dealer would't even know it is there.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about having them order a mopar cam for me and installing it. They said they will order one for me, but they won't install it. So I decided to go with sidewinder and have a performance shop do the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts