Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dealer placed a 4inch by 2 inch dealer name on the trunk of my charger..its basically a claer plastic square sticker with the name on it...how is the best way to go about getting it off...i was thinking of a hair dryer on low...there is a lot of air bubbles in the sticker,but the dealer made sure the edges are smooth...thanks for any help......

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Id take it back and have them remove it. I noted when i purchased mine the day of, do not put any of your stickers on my car either and they didnt.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just let it sit in the sun for awhile then peel it off. It will take 2 seconds. If there is any gunk on the car after just wash the car and your done!

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
My dealer did that too . . . I pulled it off right in their faces. It was the bubble kinda--sounds like yours. I'm not advertising for ya, nope, ain't gonna happen. I don't do free.

It's sort of like self-checkouts . . . you don't gimme a discount, I ain't doing your work for you.

·
Registered
723 Posts
That would just irk the hell out of me. What the others said, let it sit in the sun and warm up that glue.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Id take it back and have them remove it. I noted when i purchased mine the day of, do not put any of your stickers on my car either and they didnt.
I told them the same thing

Just let it sit in the sun for awhile then peel it off. It will take 2 seconds. If there is any gunk on the car after just wash the car and your done!
but it will never fully come off. You will always be able to see it at some angles(atleast that is what has happened with all my other cars)

I told the dealer if they put any dealer stickers on I wasn't accepting delivery. they didn't put any on.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Removed mine with fingernails and the residue with WD-40, clay bar may work too.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My dealer removed the one on my car - they just had to warm it up and peel it off. No residue or anything left behind.

·
Registered
541 Posts
bug and tar remover works well also.......goo gone, but wash excess off. Wipe clean and then clybar.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I always ask the dealer to remove the stickers before I take delivery. The tag frames are ok as I can take them off more easily without risking any damage. If the dealer has to take a sticker off, I inspect the area carefully tomake sure there are no scratches. If there are any, then the dealer MUST fix them immediatly or I will not take delivery and they loose a sale on the spot. :)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If you don't wanna wait for the sun....

5 minutes, a blow dryer and your finger. You might need a sticker/ label remover for the excess. Rinse and then appreciate the fact that you are not a rolling advertisement.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Last thing I told the dealer. "No Dealer Sticker"

And to rub it in their face more, the first thing I did when I got home was remove the plate frames.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone i got it off...the little bit off sun that we had in ny today,and in 2 seconds it was off....thanks again...

·
Registered
338 Posts
and whats the prob with showing some supoort for your local dealer?
The point is that they are not paying you for advertising their dealer. I really can care less to be honest, but some people mind it. I still have not taken it off and I have had it for four months. Its so small that I do not even notice is. Plus the dealer where I got mine are pretty good to me, so not fussing anytime soon about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm glad it came off for you, the trick is doing it as soon as possible. The longer the sticker is on there the harder it is.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
hairdryer....low heat peel it off the get Turtlewax claybar n wipeoff the residue thats what i did for mine.. tell me what ya think

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Since mine was coming before it hit the floor, I told them not to even bother putting one on because it would just piss me off and I'd remove it. They complied. This is just for the "When I buy a new car" FYI.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts