Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at some point, I experienced the woes that so many others seem to have had with the Navigation knob in my '06 charger going from a happy clicking to a sad, smooth rotation to completely breaking off.

I've read around here that people have had dealers completely replace their REC units. I'm still under regular warranty and I purchased the extended warranty, but the dealership I took it to quoted me $650 + labor to replace the head unit and said the stereo wasn't part of the warranty.

What gives here? How do I get a dealer to replace my stereo for what would appear to be a very common problem? I'm tempted to do the knob replacement from the HOWTO section or file a Comp. claim with my insurance company, but I don't want to mess with something that others claim should be covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
So at some point, I experienced the woes that so many others seem to have had with the Navigation knob in my '06 charger going from a happy clicking to a sad, smooth rotation to completely breaking off.

I've read around here that people have had dealers completely replace their REC units. I'm still under regular warranty and I purchased the extended warranty, but the dealership I took it to quoted me $650 + labor to replace the head unit and said the stereo wasn't part of the warranty.

What gives here? How do I get a dealer to replace my stereo for what would appear to be a very common problem? I'm tempted to do the knob replacement from the HOWTO section or file a Comp. claim with my insurance company, but I don't want to mess with something that others claim should be covered under warranty.
you might want to try another dealer

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That's a lie, the Nav is covered by warranty. Go to another dealership, if the Nav came stock with the Charger, then its covered.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a lie, the Nav is covered by warranty. Go to another dealership, if the Nav came stock with the Charger, then its covered.
Yeah, that's what I thought. This is the same dealer who gave me back leaky brakes for a warranty caliper replacement. Once they're done fixing their mess-up, I'm done with them.

I'll call one of the other 100 dealers in Southeastern Michigan and find one who actually knows how to process a warranty repair without killing me.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Call Chrysler customer relations.

·
Registered
142 Posts
as a tech for Chrysler I can tell you that if you are still under your 3/36 factory warrenty, then the radio is fully covered and should be replaced with a new unit.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Call Chrysler customer relations.
x2 Dealers should not be allowed to get away with this crap. Sic the dogs on 'em!

CONTACT DODGE - Customer Assistance
If you would like to talk to us about product concerns or dealer issues, please contact us. Be sure to have your vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage on the odometer ready OR include with your correspondence.

You may also want to contact us with general questions or comments.

Contact Us by Telephone
1-800-992-1997
M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Continental Time Zones

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
x2 Dealers should not be allowed to get away with this crap. Sic the dogs on 'em!

CONTACT DODGE - Customer Assistance
If you would like to talk to us about product concerns or dealer issues, please contact us. Be sure to have your vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage on the odometer ready OR include with your correspondence.

You may also want to contact us with general questions or comments.

Contact Us by Telephone
1-800-992-1997
M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Continental Time Zones

VERY helpful number. The dealer also has a contact for "if you're not going to fill out very satisfied on your Chrysler survey." I'll give him a chance to make good on this (and the brake SNAFU) too. Regardless of the outcome, Dodge will know.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
This certainly would upset me if my dealer told me this wasn't covered. If the full coverage was purchased with the 100,000 mile warranty, is it still covered? That full coverage warranty is essentially an extension of the 36,000 mile warranty right?

Thanks
Xian

·
Vendor
10,348 Posts
Yes. If you have the MaxCare warranty, it covers all electrical and that includes the Nav system.

However, I am not familiar with this problem. Is it a common problem? I only have 6158 miles on my 06 SRT8. I am coming up to my 3 years of warranty on April 20th 2009.

What should we look for. So far, it still has detent when I turn it.

Thanks

B.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
shultz motors in Milan MI has been really good to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts