Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you dealers know if a dealer who is a Jeep-Ford dealer, would be able to order a Dodge? I ask because while I really want to order a Charger, certain business connections "require" I work with a local dealer. Since Jeep and Dodge are both under the DaimlerChrysler umbrella, would it be possible to do this? I seem to think a franchise can do this, they just can't stock a brand they aren't a franchisee of, if that makes sense. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think so. However, a local Dodge dealer near me used to order Chrysler convertibles as "rental" cars and sell them as new.

·
Registered
352 Posts
the answer is no.a jeep dealer can only order jeeps. a dealer that just sells dodges can only order dodges thats it.you need to be a chrysler -dodge - jeep dealer to order all of them.we were trying to get chrysler to let us have the jeeps but the pontiac dealer behind us wont give it up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer in question was considering becoming a Dodge dealer, so I guess I may have to wait and hope to see if they do.

·
Registered
352 Posts
if he sells dodges -fords -jeeps then the answer is yes he can order dodges and jeeps from chrysler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts