Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Charger for the 3K service yesterday. Check the fluids and oil change and get them to adjust the hood its a little off on the passenger side fender side a little higher than the hood they are not flush. After 2 hours of waiting (with an appt)I get in the car and find grease and oil hand prints on the door,drivers seat and on the head liner at the door trim. On the balck exeterior trim on the outside as well and nothing done to the hood.:mad:. So I return to the service manager to ask him to take a look at this. He say AW MAN thats ashame I'll get someone to clean it in about 10 or 15 minutes. :mad:I ask what abot the hood adjustment he says no one here today to do the adjustment he will be in this week we will call you on the hood. Waiting again...... then when I ask to see someone in charge.... the service manager is it because it is Saturday. I plan on talking to someone in upper management as I think this should have been handled a little better.It's not like I bought a little Dodge Neon off the used lot or something I paid almost 36K for this car and I should expect better customer service.....Just venting ..... Thanks

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
GotACharger said:
Took the Charger for the 3K service yesterday. Check the fluids and oil change and get them to adjust the hood its a little off on the passenger side fender side a little higher than the hood they are not flush. After 2 hours of waiting (with an appt)I get in the car and find grease and oil hand prints on the door,drivers seat and on the head liner at the door trim. On the balck exeterior trim on the outside as well and nothing done to the hood.:mad:. So I return to the service manager to ask him to take a look at this. He say AW MAN thats ashame I'll get someone to clean it in about 10 or 15 minutes. :mad:I ask what abot the hood adjustment he says no one here today to do the adjustment he will be in this week we will call you on the hood. Waiting again...... then when I ask to see someone in charge.... the service manager is it because it is Saturday. I plan on talking to someone in upper management as I think this should have been handled a little better.It's not like I bought a little Dodge Neon off the used lot or something I paid almost 36K for this car and I should expect better customer service.....Just venting ..... Thanks
You should be able to adjust the hood height issues yourself by adjusting the two adjustment bolts i've circled on the attached picture (I used KurbyRTHemi pic of the painted engine cover, which looks great by the way). Turning the adjusters to the right (clockwise) will lower the hood and to left will raise it. You should ony have to turn the one on the side that is not flush.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crazy.. I will try this. Don't think they will call for the hood anyway... I think I am going to service the Charger at the Chrysler Jeep dealer where I bought my Grand Cherokee have always been pleased with them with the Jeep. And yes that engine cover looks KILLER. I want to paint mine too but have to wait for the cash to become available as I read that this is a little expensive.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
"ALMOST ALL" dealers suck, IMO!

·
Registered
600 Posts
AZCHARGER said:
"ALMOST ALL" dealers suck, IMO!

agreed. i had them playing good cop bad cop with me LOL

NO JOKE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts