Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am bringing in my charger for some minor updates tomorrow morning and i got some quotes from them on fog lights and rear tints. They quoted me almost $500 for fog lights plus installation and about $340 for tints on the rear windows wind shield and a strip on the front windshield. I know this is alot for tints, but i never have the time to get it tinted at a local shop and i just want the damn windows tinted already. Am i getting ripped off or what??

p.s. local shops quoted me on tints at about $200 or so with a lifetime warranty. The stealerships warranty is for the duration of my original car warranty which i will exceed in 1000 miles.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
not sure what prices are where you live but in So Cal that is like almost double of what you would pay here at a top of the line shop.
My entire car tint all windows 13% and limo on the sunroof was $195.00.
way high on the lights also..... shop around and save the money for extra mods...

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
the dog lights only cost 100 are moparsupercenter.
buy them install them and when your car is at the shop getting updates with the starscan tell the tech oh by the way can you enable the fog laps.
all he does is hit a button to enable them. that is if you have the foglight switch housing already

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow. Local guy did front, back, and rear windows for 190. Lifetime warranty. I got to sit and BS with him as he did it and see what a fantastic job he did.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so they misquoted me on the tints but its still gonna be like 250 give or take. Is there a way to get dealer to not screw me on the fog lights? The dealership is the best in my area so i trust their work, but the price is too steep. one dealer quoted me almost 400 for the fogs plus install. please help!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
No, it shouldnt be $250 (give or take), you shouldnt have to pay more than $200 anywhere. I paid $175. Also, you are very capable of doing the lights yourself or having someone who even knows a little bit do it. It is very very easy. It shouldnt take you more than a couple hours. If money is nothing to you, then go to your dealership and have them do it all for $750, or do like the majority of us and put in a little sweat and save $500.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Buy them yourself:

www.moparsupercenter.com

Fog Lights

Retail Price : $121.00
Online Price : $103.70

The blue link has a link to a PDF install guide. Either install them yourself, or have the dealer do it. They shouldn't charge more than ~1-1/2 hours labor. Go somewhere else, if they do!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I was in the fog this morn. Turned fogs on and off several times, didn't notice any clearity in visibility.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
The dealership is the best in my area so i trust their work, but the price is too steep.
Did you ever think maybe they are hiring competent help and that competent help costs more?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts