Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There they go again just living up to their reputations. Nothing like more B/S from the dealers. So I go and make an appointment mainly for my 1st oil change, let the comments begin...., yeah I know change it myself, but since they offer to change the oil for free for life*, *just need to do the 15,000 & 30,000 mile services with them, and I'm a cheep tightwad to boot - why not.

Since I'm there I might as well have them correct 3 warranty issues. The "ashtray" that won't open and/or close. The trunk lid rub and a gooey drip onto the sunroof when its open.

They get done with the oil change and then inform me that they can't do anything else because the machine that picks parts is down and they can't get to any parts. But, how did you get a new oil filter I ask if you can't get to any of the parts? Those are in a different area they tell me. That'll be check #1 when I get home, I was on my way to work so I couldn't crawl undernearth the car.

What a pain in the butt. Now I have to make another appointment and give up more time or make another 6am appointment just because they can't get to any of their parts!!! Who thought up that machine...you would think that someone would be smart enough to know if the machine broke that it would be a good idea to be able to get to the parts manually...yeah know like get a human to find the exact spot the parts are located at and then physically move to that location then move back to the parts counter. But, probably to obvious of an idea.

Oh yeah also make sure to check those bills from the dealers. They would have chargered me for 8 quarts of oil if it weren't free. I said hey did the tech overfill the oil. The car only takes 7 quarts. His quick answer was that they charge for the whole next quart of oil if they use more than an even quart when filling.

Gee thanks for letting me know you'd rip me off if it weren't free. :sick:
Oh yeah and also tell the tech to wipe their hands once in a while...nothing like those greasy finger prints and small drops of oil underneath the hood. Glad I took my engine cover off before I went.

O.K. enough ranting for today and congratulations to me on my 100th post...what a milestone :clap:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
When I get mine changed, I can see what their doing and who's doing it. They always give me the leftover oil, and at 6.50 a quart, they better.

Remember, the word 'free' is just the word 'fee' with an 'r'.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You cannot see the oil filter from underneath the car. It has a belly pan that must be removed first.

For the trunk rub issue, they will need to order the parts based on the TSB. Pretty sure they won't have that stuff in stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You cannot see the oil filter from underneath the car. It has a belly pan that must be removed first.

For the trunk rub issue, they will need to order the parts based on the TSB. Pretty sure they won't have that stuff in stock.
Damn shame of it all they had all the parts in-stock, so they say, but those pesky mechanical breakdowns get you every time. I was almost temped to say that I would climb their equipement to get the 39 cents worth of plastic and rubber to fix my damn car!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a good dealer that does my maintenace/oil change. They never get any oil grease on anything. Under the hood is spotless. I don't have the free oil change for life, wish I did, but if they have my car for 30 minutues longer than they said, they give me the next lube and oil change for free, It isn't even a program they offer. The service manager just does it.

·
Registered
554 Posts

Yup...dealer had to order the parts for mine. Still waiting to have the paint done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.