Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to stop back by my dealer to ask a question about my Daytona, and was told they're getting another Daytona at the end of the month. Apparently another dealer didn't want to "deal" with it, so they agreed to give it to my dealer. Of course they have already sold it... but what would they not want to deal with? The extra markup??

Kinda funny.

edward

·
Registered
244 Posts
Kinda sounds like that other dealer isn't too interested in selling Dodge products! What a disservice to Dodge.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I bet the "other" dealer would have a different story. If there is an "other" dealer.
Sounds like a salesman making his job sound harder than it is by implying the Daytona's are trouble to deal with.

Please excuses me, I'm just pessimistic.
________
How to roll blunts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But the dealer is still giving up the Daytona for someone else to sell. I would have figured that a limited edition car would be the last thing a dealer would give up, especially when we have all seen the market adjustment garbage.

edward

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a Daytona on order, but have you guys seen the ones on e bay, at most they are trying to get MSRP, and they still are not selling.... What do you think? Maybe the Charger isn't as hot as we thought, only to those of us who really want one.???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Keep in mind , guys, that some Dealers seldom sell many cars, especially in areas like the Midwest , Texas, etc., so he may have felt he had no place to go with the car. Also, frankly, some Dealers might not see the intangible benefits of this machine, and that is a benefit to the consumer. The Charger is selling very well, but some Dealers may not be enthusiasts. This is not to knock them, but a company that sells 20 trucks to every car, may prefer to have truck allocation. All this said, I agree he missed a good business opportunity in my mind, but obviously there were reasons----and I and Dealers like the one that picked up the car love businesses that don't see the potential in vehicles like the Daytona!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts