Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all,

I have a 2009 dodge charger 3.5L. The issue started with cold start. There is a whirring sound coming from underneath around oil pan. Every now and then it’s a really loud whirring noise. Had it towed to Mcpeeks Dodge in Anaheim Ca. and they can not figure it out. Not to mention they didn’t even run the codes that I know are there. Angle steering sensor needs to be replaced and wheel speed sensors. What can be causing this noise. It has a rebuilt alternator that I replaced in November. HhEeLlPp pulleys? Bearings? Oil pump? Alternator? Power steering pump? Water pump?

Thanks for any advice
I’m one stumped Momma

· Premium Member
3,131 Posts
EPD:
Welcome to the forum. If that dealer can't get you some kind of diagnosis, then I would not go back there.
As mentioned, you can remove the serp belt, and rotate the pulleys on the front of the engine by hand. You are looking for the one(s) that had up/down or in/out play, or lack a smooth feel when you rotate them.

Don

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EPD: Welcome to the forum. If that dealer can't get you some kind of diagnosis, then I would not go back there. As mentioned, you can remove the serp belt, and rotate the pulleys on the front of the engine by hand. You are looking for the one(s) that had up/down or in/out play, or lack a smooth feel when you rotate them. Don
Thanks. I will not be taking it back to this dealer ever again. Don’t think I should have to pay for the diagnostic service. I figured they would have mentioned the steering angle sensor because they were repairing the air bags because of recall. That was my red flag with them…

· Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Use the video recorder on your phone to capture the noise in question. Upload that somewhere that allows you to share it out publicly (YouTube, TikTok, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.). Make it public, and copy/paste a link to it here in this thread.

3rd party/long distance diagnosing is easier if we are able to hear the problem for ourselves.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts