Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember glancing at a thread about a dealer offered warrenty friendly cam upgraid? if so how much hp could u gain an how much$$$$ is it

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
www.moparsupercenter.com i think the cams here are the same offered at the dealer. I believe you can install a 6.1 cam if you lose mds

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if its around 600 online how much would a dealer jack that up to let u keep the warrenty?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
depends on state the dealer is in. Each dealer has its own markup percentage but 5 star dealers have to stay in a certain range. I'd just get it from mopar supercenter and hit up 400rwhp ( i think ) for an install. You'll have to pay for his trip though. haha

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need to keep my mds so i would have to buy the 5.7 street cam how much should i expect rwhp to be?

i have a 06 r/t with a cdc shaker to airade cai functional ram-cai with straight pipes

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
I'm not sure on the mopar stuff. I know most stage 1 cams by hhp, powerported and those guys get around 35 horse with no head mods. I beleive you'd get around upper 30's with cam, 6.1 pushrods. There are better cams on the market hp/lb wise for the money but if you want it installed at the dealer and maintain some warranty those cams are the cams you need from above link. I don't think they put down the same hp though. I think its just a 6.1 upgrade cam with loss of mds or the 5.7 cam which i'm not sure of the ratings

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not really in it for the hp jump this is my family car so i cant super mod i would like to hear the cam rotation when the car is stopped it would add to the MEAN effect our cars have

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i dont believe you'll get that with the mopar cams as the choppier it is the harder to stop misfire codes from lighting up. Since they will want to warranty the product and its repercussions i'm sure you wont get much choppiness from them. Sidewinders are good for a little choppiness though

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can already hear it veary clearly epcecally in reverse

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
a lot of that has to do with torque converter's too. Especially in reverse.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
at first i thought sumthing was wrong with reverse. b4 i could tell it was cam rotation. seemed like a new car shouldent do that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts