Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

While I'm not a Charger owner, I have the "other" car... the 300c.
The other forum site is giving me a problem so I'll ask here.

I just bought a used 300c from a dealer and declined to give them another $599 for the alarm they already had in the car. It's the one the all the cars had on the lot where the salesman knocks on the window, and then uses a remote to open the doors. During the finance process, the finance mgr called a salesman over and handed him a keyed chip to install in place of the status led under the steering column.

Here are 2 photos of the key and the main control unit. Obviously it's all still there, and I'd like to know if it's even worth tracking down how to make it work as designed. I know there are many other alarms out there that will do more than this unit, just want to get more info on this one.

Thanks !

Steven

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
take that crap out and tell them it stick it were the sun dont shine!!! they want 599 for junk-you can put a AUTOMATE 1 a.k.a [the AM 1] BY VIPER on your car and control it by the factory key remote so you dont have a gang of remotes on your key chain and should only cost you around $229 to $249 for it installed and if the car is some how stolen THE MAKER -D.E.I-will pay your insurance deduct. thats a starter kill set up that they put on all lot cars to save them selfs on their lot insurance and if you tell them you dont want it they most likely will just say take it with you. most of the wires on that unit are DUMBIE wires to throw off a theif and if ever lose one of those darn keys that you have to plug into the slot under the little red lite your so screwed-cut that orange wire that i see in the pic and the car will start with that system on-thats the starter kill relay wire. if you cut that wire the starter kill they put in wont work and you have a chip in your key already so you dont need it-if your worried about it being broking in to get a real alarm that has a national dealer/customer support network [warranty system/customer support number] stick with either viper/clifford or audiovox and your covered nation wide if you have problem with the alarm. hell you can get a remote start alarm or at least a alarm with a 2 way pager to tell you if some one is messing with your car for that type of money.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
it's the same thing as a D.E.I p/n 102T- what it does is kill the starter threw a relay and honks the horn if you try to start the car with out the little key in the slot that they screw in under the dash. only 5 wires in all that mess are used-red power/yellow ING/orange starter relay/black ground and brown is a neg out for a relay to the cars horn. and were they put it a 6 year old can just pull it out in under 2 minutes. i didnt think dealers were still playing that game. the piece only costs me around $16 and once in a while i still sell one to a old school new yorker type that will swear by it and the club!!!!!! [nothing againist new yorkers] if a was to sell you that and rip you off doing it the cost would be around $100 and a hour of my time [with 2 cig breaks in between]

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
^^^^
Dude, Did I ever tell you you ROCK! :rockon: Thanks for always being there to help on this subject and keep us all on the right path.

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeah i just had my local shop put in an AM1 on my R/T and it does just what i needed.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts