Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as I was on my way out the door to head to work, noticed that my power locks didnt work, and my interior lights didnt come on when I unlocked the door by hand. Odd. Next, I noticed all my dash lights were flickering very faintly all by themselves.
Tried to start it, wouldnt start or even come close to starting (didnt try to turn over at all, basically complete electrical absence).

Basically scrambled to find a ride into work, and made it in.
Charger is sitting back at home in the driveway all locked up tight awaiting my arrival in the morning.

I'm guessing it's a dead battery? Or would this potentially be a larger electrical problem?
Never had battery issues since I got it, and didnt do anything that would drain it today.
It basically sad in the driveway for 6+hrs before I started to head out for work.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
looks like a dead battery....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figure it's a dead battery...I've just never had a car be completely void of all it's components before. So I'm guessing it's probably one of the cell's in the battery that died. Shall see in the morning.

Anyone have recommendations on a decent battery? Think I saw a post on this awhile back, but can't find it/remember where it was .

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Take the battery to Autozone and have it check. I am assuming you have a 08 because of your screen name. It should still be under warranty. If not, find out the date it was purchased and take it back to where it was purchase. They should pro rate the cost of a new battery.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tested it here and it was pretty close to flatline. So I yanked it.
$226 later, new battery is in and car is running normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts