Charger Forums banner

10461 - 10474 of 10474 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
OK, since this thread is about nothing, two days ago I pressed the "up" button on the garage door opener. The door started to move, got about halfway up, paused for a moment, then the opener ripped the panel apart that it was bolted to and continued to open all the way. I'm standing there with a WTF ... mouth hanging open and a "thought bubble" over my head full of these things --> $$$$$$$$$! Naturally it was after hours so I had to call the repair place the next morning. The nice lady on the phone told me that someone would call before they came over between 1 and 4 that afternoon, so when the dude called right at 1 and told me he was a few blocks away I was somewhat surprised. He was already in my driveway by the time I got my car moved out of the garage for him. I was mentally prepared to have to buy a new door and maybe opener too, but this kid looked it over, went out to his truck and returned with his tools and... 30 minutes later I hand him a check for one hundred and one dollars and the old door is repaired! I almost asked him if he had a magic wand in his tool kit. He could really have taken advantage of the situation, but no. Repaired for a pittance and left. Whatta guy!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
I had an opener stop working at my last house. Spent some time researching online and watched a couple of Youtube videos, ordered a parts kit from Amazon for around $20, and got it fixed myself. :)
I just had to replace the internal gears, I didn't have panels torn apart or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here is what I did on my 4th of July. The red F100 is my father in law's truck. We take it to the shows around and show it. He is wheelchair bound and cant drive it. He was unable to make it to the show due to the traffic that was around, his wife couldn't find a parking spot to get the wheelchair out of the van. We told her to stop in the street and unload him, then go find a spot somewhere to park, but she gave up and drove home.

2019-07-04 09.56.29.jpg 2019-07-04 09.56.36.jpg

We had a great time. Lot's of really nice cars and trucks there. The pickup won a sponsors trophy, which is all they were giving out. They apparently do not to class style trophies at this event. It is the first time we have gone to this show. We have 8 awards for the truck so far and we have only be showing it for about two and a half years.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
@WalterG Maaannn, that truck is gorgeous! Your FIL should be very proud of it, sorry to hear he couldn't get in to the show. I'd love to see more pics of it, and what all has been done to it. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here are some other photos of the truck that we have taken. It has been a 3 year project for me to get it assembled and about 35 years in the making for Don (my FIL).

Started out like this back when he was diagnosed with Parkinsons and my wife and I decided to get this done so he could enjoy it some before he couldn't any longer.

And this was about a month ago at a show.

Engine photo

Interior shot

The was a few weeks ago when we finally got the bed done.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
"The important things are always simple. The simple things are always hard."

How's the 'Vette? (This being a Charger forum and all...) :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here is our weekend event. The red Ford is my FIL's truck. Always a good time out sitting under the EZUp for the day

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
825 Posts
Howdy strangers... LMAO - I recognize a few names :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
Oh and how the heck do you modify your signature on this new fangled forum??? I added a few goodies to the old girl...

10461 - 10474 of 10474 Posts