Charger Forums banner

10361 - 10380 of 10505 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
FB is getting to be a place of nonsense most of the time. I always wonder if I want to maintain my account or not. Sometimes I feel like getting rid of it, but as others have stated it keeps me in touch with family and friends.

Now that I know the posts in the off topic areas don't count I can understand the post count. But I now have over 1000 posts!! Whoo Hoo! It's almost like having a birthday.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Ha ha. Yeah, I'm certainly the black sheep of the family without a FB account. Someone will send invites via FB to a party or something and act all shocked when I don't know about it until I talk to an actual person. Well it's kinda hard to get the digital invite when you don't have an account. :) Oh well, if I miss the event it gives me an excuse to stay home and wax the car or truck.
I don't do social media either. Other than the fact that it's a cesspool I couldn't be bothered. If people want to get a hold of me they know how and I don't want my business out there. No one wants to know what I do 24/7.

My brothers & sisters are always sending out stuff on facebook or texting and they get mad when I don't respond...I tell them if they need to communicate with me they have two options: pick up the damn phone and call, or else send an E-mail..>:)
We are the same kind of people you and I. I do the same thing.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
What?! You want them to respond to you IRL... like, in person?? For reals? :knockout:

Hey Shots... Who you calling "old?" :11:
Dang whipper snappers. :lol3005:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't do all that. As JCE said, nobody wants to know what I do 24/7 either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finally got curious about this thread ... scanned thru pgs 1 to 5 ... enuff of those to skip to last two pages and found that I had landed among some members kinda like me per their posts/thoughts ... not FB active, don't need eyePhones, realistic comment about car forum life cycles, etc.

But in truth is it ... (LOL) ..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Got a question for anybody who owns a 2010 Charger. I just installed a new battery into the Charger. It seems that by disconnection the power sauce, My front left and right power windows were not working properly. From the drivers seat control. The window go's down fine but going up it stops half way up. I had to pull up on the control a second time for it to go all the way up. That was fixed by reprogramming the computer that works the system. Now The passengers side had the same problem. That too was fixed. My question is. The passengers side window from my control switch when I press the switch for down, the window goes down in one motion, but when I pull the switch the window does not go up in one motion. I need to keep a constant pull on the switch for the window to close. Is that the way it works?
:confused:

Thanks Big John

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
I think to reactivate express up and express down you need to hold the button for more than 10 seconds??? Been a while but I remember something along these lines when I had my 2010....

·
Registered
850 Posts
^^ What he said.

My 08' would do this when I would disconnect the battery messing with stuff. You just have to hold/pull the up position longer, and maybe a couple of times even.

I've seen this thread for like ever, I'm not sure why I've never posted in here LOL!

To the previous comments and social media. I just deleted my FB profile a few months ago. My wife thought it would be a good idea to make an account for me. It probably shows her status as single on her profile now HaHa! Anyway, I posted probably a handful of times in the the 9 years or so the account was active. I don't see the point in the entire world knowing and seeing what I'm doing at all times. I locked it down to just family and friends, and still didn't want to share with them either LOL! Don't miss it one bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
. I just deleted my FB profile a few months ago. My wife thought it would be a good idea to make an account for me.
Mrs Flex is only on FB because her sister created an account for her. She's not even there under her real name and she doesn't post much. Just keeps in contact with family mostly.

I joined less than a year ago only to get into the local Mopar car club. I post sporadically and I usually delete my posts later anyway. It has brought me closer to my family; we're all so spread out around the world these days.

Lotta politics and drama though but it's easy enough to ignore that shit.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Lotta politics and drama though but it's easy enough to ignore that shit.
This was one of the other reasons I didn't use my account. I am kinda introverted anyway, so it wasn't hard to ignore all that.

I've been a member here since 09' when I bought my 08' Charger in the beginning of that year. Life got in the way after a while and I went dormant for a few years. I think now with this Tapatalk app on Android it is easier to login and check the forum now.

·
Registered
850 Posts
241 posts in 9 years has gotta be a record low number! :D
Glad you stuck... er, snuck around.
LOL!

Most of those posts were from the last few months. When I originally joined, I had a lot going on. I've cleared most of my plate since then, and am a little more free nowadays.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Got a question for anybody who owns a 2010 Charger. .... .... The passengers side window from my control switch when I press the switch for down, the window goes down in one motion, but when I pull the switch the window does not go up in one motion. I need to keep a constant pull on the switch for the window to close. Is that the way it works?
:confused:

Thanks Big John
That's how my '10 worked. I just assumed the passenger side didn't have the auto up feature (I bought the car used). Maybe it did and I didn't know it could be "reprogrammed" to function that way. Like yours, the driver side would go up with one touch, but the passenger side had to be held to raise it.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
That's how my '10 worked. I just assumed the passenger side didn't have the auto up feature (I bought the car used). Maybe it did and I didn't know it could be "reprogrammed" to function that way. Like yours, the driver side would go up with one touch, but the passenger side had to be held to raise it.
Thanks again "Shots" I was trying to have the passenger side working with just one pull of the switch in the upward motion. Don't ask me how I did it, but got it to work properly. My drivers side front two switches have the auto function control. I'm happy 0:)

Big John

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
Made a vid of my lifts from my competition last weekend:

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Bleah. I haven't had the flu in years, but I got it Wednesday. I've been very busy lately, and my immune system was probably down. Slept pretty well last night, so hopefully getting near the end of it. :SM145:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Bleah. I haven't had the flu in years, but I got it Wednesday. I've been very busy lately, and my immune system was probably down. Slept pretty well last night, so hopefully getting near the end of it.
My daughter has it right now. She's got influenza with a fever of a 103. Hopefully today she's feeling better she's had it for a couple days. Hoping I don't get it

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
I haven't taken my temperature, but don't think I had a fever. Aches and chills, plus cough and sinus problems, as usual.
Here's hoping both of us are healthy, soon! :)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I went to the Midwest Mopar in the Park event today. The weather was so so with a few rain showers so there weren't as many cars. Usually this event brings in 3k or more vintage to modern Mopars. Was a good day just the same. 3 demons showed up. One guy put his on the Dyno and it pulled 658 whp. That felt kinda low to me then I watched a few other cars and I think the Dyno was off. Everyone had lower numbers then expected. Maybe it was the humidity from the rain but temps were in the mid 60s. Also Daisy Duke was there signing autographs. Man she has not aged all that well. LOL.

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

10361 - 10380 of 10505 Posts