Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HIDs for over a year now and one of the ballast has gone bad. Is it worth the hassle of sending it back or just buying from somewhere else? I've seen slim ballast being sold everwhere for the same price with less time in shipping. Don't want to wait a month to send it back and wait for a return. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you are considering keeping everything else and just getting a new ballast, I'm not entirely sure that they would be compatible together and if the wire connections would be a "perfect fit". Also I wouldn't suggest having one HID from one dealer and one from another, because often times they wont give out the same light/color. For instance an 8000k DDM tuning HID may look more like a 6000K HID from another vendor. So keep that in mind. I know I have the ddm tuning HIDs and I love them. I don't know how they're return service is and how it works but I do know it'd be free with the life time warranty :banana: haha

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are considering keeping everything else and just getting a new ballast, I'm not entirely sure that they would be compatible together and if the wire connections would be a "perfect fit". Also I wouldn't suggest having one HID from one dealer and one from another, because often times they wont give out the same light/color. For instance an 8000k DDM tuning HID may look more like a 6000K HID from another vendor. So keep that in mind. I know I have the ddm tuning HIDs and I love them. I don't know how they're return service is and how it works but I do know it'd be free with the life time warranty :banana: haha
Yeah I know. I have the ones from DDM tuning. I just didn't want to have to pay to send it back and wait so long to get a replacement. It took about two weeks to get these. Most of the ballast come from china anyway. Just relabled. The other ones that I'm looking at have the same wattage and connections.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If it's the same wattage and connections then theoretically it should work the same right? and if you'd rather have it quicker than save a few bucks it would probably be worth it to you. Just depends if you'd rather keep all the components from the same place or you don't mind having the ballast from some where else.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's the same wattage and connections then theoretically it should work the same right? and if you'd rather have it quicker than save a few bucks it would probably be worth it to you. Just depends if you'd rather keep all the components from the same place or you don't mind having the ballast from some where else.
Actually that's what I'm doing now. Since the one ballast went bad, I'm using one I had laying around. It's one of the cheaper plastic ones. It works fine. Just not uniform and I know it wont last as long as the ones in the metal casing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts