Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our "standard" package for the Shelby GT500 is a Kenne Bell 2.8L Twin Screw supercharger system. This package normally gets us around 700-750WHP in a safe and very streetable fashion. Based off our great success with the Kenne Bell units over the years, we were pleased to hear the kits were coming for the Hemi cars.

While this kit was designed for the Challenger, we fabbed it to work on a Dodge Charger SRT8.

This is no "regular" SRT, shes packed with a PPP426 stroker longblock that we installed earlier. That engine with a 2.3L Roots style superchager (similar to the magnuson) made about 590WHP at a low 8psi of boost.

After yanking the old roots supercharger, we installed Kenne Bells new 2.8L Twin Screw. This kit is polished, intercooled and has the 8 rib pulley upgrade.

The unit sounds and looks awesome!

Power and torque is instant!

At 10ish PSI it made 640whp / 665 ftlbs in a VERY safe setup.

We are just about to install our new Billet fuel hat (thanks Fore Precision) 3 huge fuel pumps, new lines and really crank up the boost! 18-20psi is the goal!

This car also has a Paramount Performance built transmission and Performance valvebody, our loaded rear end with 3.23 gears (stock is 3.07) and a host of other goodies.

If you have any questions regarding performance products, please feel free to send me a PM or call.

Tim C

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
that looks alot like a car from LX&B that i saw...same one??

·
Registered
596 Posts
I can't wait to see the 5.7 set up.... =/ I'm getting anxious!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Walter caravaned with me on Saturday to LX&B Nats. He did a monstrous burnout while making a turn off a redlight along the way. The KB system looks sick in polished form. Too bad no slicks were on it to see it run down the track or even against the 2 KB challengers.

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
This thread sucks!
Why?
Cuz it's not my car :D
That is one sick car and that KB is huge compared to the original one. Would love to see a video.

·
Registered
916 Posts
It did look awesome at the show last week! Trojan offered to loan him a set of DR's to make a run too. Man I wish I had mod $$ right now!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I want one :grin:

·
Registered
596 Posts
This thread sucks!
Why?
Cuz it's not my car :D
That is one sick car and that KB is huge compared to the original one. Would love to see a video.
Kenne Bell is HIGHLY overrated, I think DCX Depot should put the first 5.7 KB S/C on my car and let me test it out. :banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts