Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick review about the dPG Custom email tune offered by DCX Depot:

DCX Depot (especially Chris) did a wonderful job and their customer support is just extraordinary.
I bought the dPG Custom tune (100 $) because I'm living in Europe and there are almost no possibilities to get a Hemi seriously tuned on a dyno over here. So I went with the email tune by DCX, and I was impressed!!!! :clap:
The custom tune seriously improved the throttle response a lot and my car runs so much better now (for example I had some ST knock retard before with the canned tune from the Predator and they got it worked out nicely!).
The procedure is very simple: You download your stock tune with the Predator to your PC, email it to DCX Depot, they build a custom tune which you have to load onto your car, then do some datalogs with the Predator, and they adapt your tune, and so on, until the car runs best.
For me, they had to do some adjustments, because I'm running on European fuel, and so they built three custom tunes for me until the car was running perfectly. And all that for 100 $!! :bowdown:
I can only recommend the dPG custom tune by DCX Depot, it's really a good bang for the buck!
Lots of thanks to the tuner team from DCX Depot and to Chris, who has been wonderful and very instructive throughout the whole tuning process!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Yea to piggy back on that, Tim I bought a e-mail tune from you guys a little while back but unfortuantely I had to deploy before I could do some data logging for you guys. So I was wondering if you would still tweak it for me when I get back?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Subscribed! I'd like to learn more about this option. What to expect in terms of performance improvements over the Diablo canned tunes, how many iterations are included, etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Subscribed! I'd like to learn more about this option. What to expect in terms of performance improvements over the Diablo canned tunes, how many iterations are included, etc.
Well, I cannot back my words up with facts (because there is no serious dyno around my location to test the exact performance gain) but I can tell you the car got a lot more responsive to throttle input and I got rid of my ST knock retard (which I had in higher RPM's at WOT, not much, only like 2,5* max) and I was running the 93 octane CAI canned tune from Diablo.
So, according to the butt dyno, as other call it, the car certainly gained a few hp... :eek:hyeah:
I think it will be hard to see exact numbers, because every car will gain differently, like when you do a CMR tune: some gain alot, other a bit less.:dunno:

Hope I helped you a bit!! Have a nice day!! :woot:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yea to piggy back on that, Tim I bought a e-mail tune from you guys a little while back but unfortuantely I had to deploy before I could do some data logging for you guys. So I was wondering if you would still tweak it for me when I get back?
Without a doubt!

Please datalog and we will dial it in for you.

Thank you for keeping us free! Come back safely.

Tim C

·
Registered
741 Posts
WOW thats a good price, Glad you like it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Our custom tunes are based from our real world testing. We have 2 dynos in house and have tuned nearly 3,000 cars. Your first custom tune sent is based on your mods matched to a similar car we have dyno and road tuned.

Many people are happy with that first sent tune.

If you choose, you can datalog and send the file to us to further dial your tune in.

It is all included for only $100!!

That is a huge bang for the buck!!

Send me a pm or call me for questions.

Thanks guys,

Tim C

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our custom tunes are based from our real world testing. We have 2 dynos in house and have tuned nearly 3,000 cars. Your first custom tune sent is based on your mods matched to a similar car we have dyno and road tuned.

Many people are happy with that first sent tune.

If you choose, you can datalog and send the file to us to further dial your tune in.

It is all included for only $100!!

That is a huge bang for the buck!!

Send me a pm or call me for questions.

Thanks guys,

Tim C

Again, I can only back that up!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I like the idea of doing this. One issue that I have to figure out is with my high flow cats. Currently, I have to turn off my rear O2 sensors to keep from throwing a CEL. However, I live in Harris County, TX and will have to pass an ODBII test next February. Even though I have the anti-fouler trick, I still get codes. So, I guess I need to get the issue with the HF cats resolved, or put my stock cats back on, before doing the email tune.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I like the idea of doing this. One issue that I have to figure out is with my high flow cats. Currently, I have to turn off my rear O2 sensors to keep from throwing a CEL. However, I live in Harris County, TX and will have to pass an ODBII test next February. Even though I have the anti-fouler trick, I still get codes. So, I guess I need to get the issue with the HF cats resolved, or put my stock cats back on, before doing the email tune.
If you state tests through the OBD port, they may see the issue with the cats.

It the spacer/antifoulers dont help, you willl need to swap in the stock cats for the test than swap back out afterwards.

Tim C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts