Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 charger rt 5.7 new throttle body can't get throttle body to program and can't get dbw pedal to commu icate with throttle body car just idles tried the key on and depressing pedal etc no luck throttle body not calibrating any suggestions

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just lifted this from Dodge Forum, apparently previously lifted from this forum. Worth a try before checking the throttle position sensor on the pedal.

"
Follow the throttle recalibration procedure (borrowed from Chargerforums):

1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).
2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.
3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.
5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".
6) Start the engine.

It is present in the Ram service manual and makes a noticeable difference for most people.
"

Also what was the reason you changed the throttle body in the first place?

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,773 Posts
You can "possibly" increase your responses if you use a code reader and post any results, even if its nothing.
You did better than most newbees at least posting the year and engine.

I know when I do a relearn with HPTuners I can hear the TB plate slapping. If you want to confirm if its moving at all expose the TB plate by removing the intake air tube and perform the above steps and the other person observe.

On my 2013 once after a TB cable reconnect my startup was rough and stalled in gear. It was the TB had lost its calibration. A cycle power cured it. So check your battery condition and connections.

Let us know..................

·
Registered
144 Posts
And tell us why you installed a new throttle body.

What problem did the old one have?

And on edit: The dash light means the computer is reporting the throttle body and gas pedal are not communicating with each other. There are many possible reasons for this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts