Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much do you all think the Daytona will go for in 5-7 years compaired to the rest of the chargers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
I would agree...

in the span of 5-7 years, it is just another trim level.... in order for it to be worth anything more then a regular R/T, build a barn out back to park the car, get a green army canvas and cover it for 30 years.... then you MIGHT have a collector
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
I would agree...

in the span of 5-7 years, it is just another trim level.... in order for it to be worth anything more then a regular R/T, build a barn out back to park the car, get a green army canvas and cover it for 30 years.... then you MIGHT have a collector
Daytona_R/T is right. Probably hold's true for the SRT8 as well. :biggrin: Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
I would agree...

in the span of 5-7 years, it is just another trim level.... in order for it to be worth anything more then a regular R/T, build a barn out back to park the car, get a green army canvas and cover it for 30 years.... then you MIGHT have a collector

Or put the money in a good investment. No insurance or storage fees and buy whatever collector car you want in 30 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Oldschool said:
Or put the money in a good investment. No insurance or storage fees and buy whatever collector car you want in 30 years.
I think you've made your position perfectly clear already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
I think they will hold value better, only because of Dodge's plan to change the colors and the striping and to only build 4000 of each. Think the 94-96 Impala ss', they have held value pretty good while the Caprice of the same year is a cheap used car, while having the same drivetrain. So a good clean low mile example will still bring in "sticker price" as a resale 7-10 years from now, IMO....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
chargershed said:
I think they will hold value better, only because of Dodge's plan to change the colors and the striping and to only build 4000 of each. Think the 94-96 Impala ss', they have held value pretty good while the Caprice of the same year is a cheap used car, while having the same drivetrain. So a good clean low mile example will still bring in "sticker price" as a resale 7-10 years from now, IMO....
You'd have to buy it and not drive it, ever, to see profit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
Boogs said:
You'd have to buy it and not drive it, ever, to see profit.
Hmmm, since I work from home, and use a tanks worth in a month if I am lucky, thats almost doable for me. But as fun as this car is going to be, it'll get driven a bit more. Right now with work condtions and being able to telecommute, I plan on no more than about 7500 miles/year... if even that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I dont know, look at the Ram Daytona edition, hardley any out on the road, but a dealer about 10 miles from me has 2 silver and one GoMango. I dont think they are very popular. I bought the Daytona only because it stands out more, and it will catch peoples eye. As for re-sale I think it will be like any other vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
I agree with "ChargerShed". I think it will hold it's value much better than any other vehicle. Even Car & Driver put it on their "short-list" for collectable cars. I think in 5-7 years it will be worth close to what was paid for it, as long as it's kept in very good condition. He's right, look at the Impala SS, people are paying as much or more for them now as when they were new. Just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Sorry - I forgot to add, I am talking about the Daytona Edition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Well, I hope you are right, but I don't think so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
chargershed said:
I think they will hold value better, only because of Dodge's plan to change the colors and the striping and to only build 4000 of each. Think the 94-96 Impala ss', they have held value pretty good while the Caprice of the same year is a cheap used car, while having the same drivetrain. So a good clean low mile example will still bring in "sticker price" as a resale 7-10 years from now, IMO....
The 94-96 Impala SS was faster vehicle than a stock caprice (not counting the police package) with a bigger engine, thus making it worth more. Comparing an SS to a Caprice is not like comparing a Daytona to an R/T. It is more like comparing an SRT-8 Charger to an R/T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I believe, like the 300C, the Charger will also be a collectors car in 30+ years. For those who wish, as I do, we could have bought anthing with a Hemi in 1970 for 6K and parked it and would have had a very good return on investment. I have seen a 70 Hemi Challenger or Cuda (can't remember) sale for 258K on ebay with 5K orginal miles on it. I'll take that investiment anyday.

In my opinion, the Charger is an investment if taken care of properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
I wonder how the SRT8 will fare! Production #'s might play a role. :biggrin: Mike
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top