Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to owners over on the LX forums, Chargers with the load-leveling shocks can NOT be lowered, regardless of springs used. Anyone know of a way around this? Or is buying the stock R/T shocks the only way to go?

·
Registered
186 Posts
guys with CTS-Vs on the other forum iam on had this same problem, the V using the same type of shock. One way around it was to change to base CTS sport shocks, not worth it imo. Another way was to use washers to in a sence trick the shock to thinking it was at stock when it was really lowered. I dont know how the shocks are the Charger are mounted though so it might not even work. Also on the V only the rear shocks are leveling. I'll see if i can maybe talk the guy into comming here to better explain it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
changing out the shocks is the only way around it...something like 80 a pop for the regular damper/shocks. and then just add the springs you want and voila...lowered charger.

·
Registered
186 Posts
iam just gona wait till someone comes out with aftermarket shocks, maybe some adustables...yeah!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you know what the diff between the two is?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
adjustable dampers....the stage 2 gives the ability to adjust the dampers to various settings for a more comfortable ride. the stage 1 you can only adjust ride height...to me the extra money is worth the dampers adjustability.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
not to worried about it... I bottomed out when I was in SoCal the other weekend... and I am stock height....

no lowering for me... LOL

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
not to worried about it... I bottomed out when I was in SoCal the other weekend... and I am stock height....

no lowering for me... LOL
no kidding?????? that sucks man....was it piss poor roads or what?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I was in Escondido making a left turn and didnt see a dip ... BOOM SCRATCH... whoops... only thing that hit was the black plastic "ears" that stick down in front of the tires on the front bumper...

Also coming from lifted trucks... I am too low now as it is... :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will just need to replace the rears, correct? Or do the fronts also need to be swapped? Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
GoDaddy said:
adjustable dampers....the stage 2 gives the ability to adjust the dampers to various settings for a more comfortable ride. the stage 1 you can only adjust ride height...to me the extra money is worth the dampers adjustability.
oooo, me likey for track days. And 1800 isnt that bad for coil-overs with adjustable dampers.

·
Registered
958 Posts
crap. I was hoping to lower my Daytona. There's too much wheel gap, and I'm certain one corner is sitting lower than the rest of the car. I'm thinking this might by the leveling shock in action (after parking on the curb of a jersey gutter), but I'm not that convinced.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
SEDave said:
I will just need to replace the rears, correct? Or do the fronts also need to be swapped? Thanks!
not sure. i have bud who should be taking delivery of his daytona soon so hopefully i can find out for you. the towing package on the mags only have self leveling shocks on the back if i understood a poster correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts