Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I first got my Torred Daytona every time I ran into another Torred Daytona on the road the driver would wave, I was like cool. Then all of a sudden I ran into a Top Banana and a Go Mango and they waved. I was like awesome. Now everytime I see a Daytona charger on the road they wave or stick their arm up almost as to salute a fellow Daytona driver. Its pretty amazing to me how a car can make perfect strangers just show a little humanity once in a while. Well the reason I wrote this is just cause I was wondering is this something that Daytona drivers planned to do every time they see another Daytona because everytime I see a regular RT charger on the road they always try to race me or rev their engines. But that being said its pretty cool but my wife trips out and says do you know them im like nope just a frinedly salute. :rockon:

·
Registered
657 Posts
There has been many threads started on the Charger wave. Its something that a lot of us Die Hards do. It is something I try to do when I see all Chargers. The Charger wave may include a regular wave, a salute, a peace sign, the Ram head( rock star) hand sign, flashing of headlights, slight reving of the engine, or a simple head nod. And I'm sure there's at least 10 more things that aren't on this list.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
There has been many threads started on the Charger wave. Its something that a lot of us Die Hards do. It is something I try to do when I see all Chargers. The Charger wave may include a regular wave, a salute, a peace sign, the Ram head( rock star) hand sign, flashing of headlights, slight reving of the engine, or a simple head nod. And I'm sure there's at least 10 more things that aren't on this list.
Yeh, thats why the inventions of the strobe is so SWEET! But as Go Man Go said, alot of other charger owners dont respond back to your wave, so it makes it kind of hard to want to do it...but I continue to do the wave :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I will always wave :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeh, thats why the inventions of the strobe is so SWEET! But as Go Man Go said, alot of other charger owners dont respond back to your wave, so it makes it kind of hard to want to do it...but I continue to do the wave :D
Yeah, I totaly agree. Sometimes it gets frusterating when you wave at a fellow Charger owner, and they look at you like you're crazy. I've found that it only takes 1 other Charger owner as enthusiastic as you are, to make your day though. For example a few weeks ago I was in Modesto and out of knowhere this black on black SRT8 pulls up in back of me on a major road. I'm looking in my rearview and turning around just to get a glance at what this guy has on this awesome Charger. My wife tells me to stop because she thinks I'm gonna scare this guy or something. He pulls on the side of me as we get to a red light, and I give a thumbs up. While we're at this light we just "shot the s**t" for a few, and he tells me how happy he was to meet someone as fanatical as he was. It was cool, even though my wife called me a dumbazz for the whole encounter.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I totaly agree. Sometimes it gets frusterating when you wave at a fellow Charger owner, and they look at you like you're crazy. I've found that it only takes 1 other Charger owner as enthusiastic as you are, to make your day though. For example a few weeks ago I was in Modesto and out of knowhere this black on black SRT8 pulls up in back of me on a major road. I'm looking in my rearview and turning around just to get a glance at what this guy has on this awesome Charger. My wife tells me to stop because she thinks I'm gonna scare this guy or something. He pulls on the side of me as we get to a red light, and I give a thumbs up. While we're at this light we just "shot the s**t" for a few, and he tells me how happy he was to meet someone as fanatical as he was. It was cool, even though my wife called me a dumbazz for the whole encounter.
I think I might have seen your car out in modesto im up there almost every other weekend. But thats cool that not everyone is a knuckle head.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think I might have seen your car out in modesto im up there almost every other weekend. But thats cool that not everyone is a knuckle head.

Right on. I think I've seen your car out here also. There isn't a lot of TORRED Daytonas out here. Next time you're in Modesto let me know, we'll have to meet up or something.

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
That is so true! I had pretty much given up on the whole waving thing, when one day last week someone finally waved at me first! I was so thrilled! So now I'm back to waving again. :wave: :D

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Daytona owners are a special breed of Charger owner. For the most part, I think that folks who bought Daytona's were looking for a special car. How else can you explain paying 2-4K more for a car? You could just buy a regular RT with R/T. So, you know that someone in a Daytona is a special kind of person. I think the Bee-keepers are the same way. SRT folks might just have liked the muscle, and not so much that it was a Charger, but Daytonas....well, we're just friggin awesome. I wave at everyone I see.

Oh yeah so last night I'm driving home from my modmoney job at 2 am, and this pickup drives past me just to get about 8 feet in front of me doin about 45.....then a camera pops out of the window to take a few shots.
I decided he needed a rear end pic too and jabbed the go stick. Saw the flash in the rear view.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh yeah so last night I'm driving home from my modmoney job at 2 am, and this pickup drives past me just to get about 8 feet in front of me doin about 45.....then a camera pops out of the window to take a few shots.
I decided he needed a rear end pic too and jabbed the go stick. Saw the flash in the rear view.
Makes you feel like a rock star huh? I haven't had anybody go that far yet, but I love when people stop me in awe, and ask about my Daytona.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i give the metal horn salute to any charger that looks my way. even teh Sixers. but they usually dont look :(

its mostly daytonas and srt's taht are lookers and some r/t's

if your in houston look for the :rockon: metal horns.

·
Registered
998 Posts
That's one of the special perks to owning a jeep wrangler..the ole jeep wave. I really don't see much a charger wave around these parts, but have waved before :)

I did get a wave back from a 1971 Charger R/T

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well I'm an SXTer and I share the roads around my parts with Chargers of all makes. I find that nobody waves, Daytona or not! I always look b/c you can't help but look at a car so hot. And I see a lot of people looking at mine as well but no waves. Although I do get a lot of questions, I even had a woman hanging out of her van window to yell back at me in a drive thru, asking about the Charger lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wave at and get waved to all the time by Daytona & SRT owners. A few from R/T owners. I guess all the "other" Charger owners aren't really into it as we are. As for pics go, I get the camera and cell phone cameras hanging out of the window all the time. It's one of those things that makes a motor head feel damm good.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I wave at and get waved to all the time by Daytona & SRT owners. A few from R/T owners. I guess all the "other" Charger owners aren't really into it as we are. As for pics go, I get the camera and cell phone cameras hanging out of the window all the time. It's one of those things that makes a motor head feel damm good.
Wow, I can't even get a wave from other Daytonas and SRTs! I don't think anyone has returned a wave to me. Maybe I look like an a-hole or something?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've gotten the most waves when I used to have motorcycles, but that was before everyone and there brother had a Harley.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts