Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around today at work and I saw an Inferno Red R/T with the regular polished R/T wheels rocking a Daytona spoiler and the rear quarter stripes that read DAYTONA. Obviously, NOT A DAYTONA.

Then, about 30 mins later I saw another Torred with the same setup but instead of reading "Daytona" on the rear quarters, it said "Charger." Not as bad.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to hate on people's rides or mods, it just aggervates me when I see "posers" if you want to call them that riding around trying to be something they aren't. I do not ride around with SRT stickers all over my Daytona....any comments are welcome.

Rant over.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's ok, today I saw an older couple driving a silver/gray Charger. It had the 3.5 litre emblem on the right front but on the back he had a decal that said SRT8. He had the Super Bee hood with the Hemi decal on the hood scoop, the hood was B5 Blue and he had a Charger decal on his back window above the trunk lid. Oh yeah, he had a Daytona spolier on the back too. I stayed behind him to see how many pipes he had coming out the back and he had only one, so this was a real wanna be. But I figured the guy was older, in his 60's so I guess he didn't know any better that people were most likely laughing at him as he drove down the road. But hey, he though he was cool so my hat goes off to him. :rocker: :driving:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I see a lot of chargers with the hood and rear quarter decals that are SIMILAR to the daytona decals, but not a direct copy. Even tho they're slightly different, they still appear pretty close to being knockoffs.

Doesnt bug me as long as they say something other than "Daytona".

I have an R/T with the road/track package...It's basically a daytona without the decals and number...I'm not too eager to put decals on it saying it's a daytona, pretty happy with how it is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was driving around today at work and I saw an Inferno Red R/T with the regular polished R/T wheels rocking a Daytona spoiler and the rear quarter stripes that read DAYTONA. Obviously, NOT A DAYTONA.

Then, about 30 mins later I saw another Torred with the same setup but instead of reading "Daytona" on the rear quarters, it said "Charger." Not as bad.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to hate on people's rides or mods, it just aggervates me when I see "posers" if you want to call them that riding around trying to be something they aren't. I do not ride around with SRT stickers all over my Daytona....any comments are welcome.

Rant over.
I drive a TorRed SXT and added a flat black rear spoiler, Chin spoiler, and Daytona QP stripes that read Charger.

I don't understand why that's a problem, I like the look, and in no way am I trying to upbadge, so what does it matter that I'm trying to make my car a little nicer to look at?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have an SRT badge on my RT.

...Oh wait, I also have the hood, spoiler, wheels, seats, brakes, suspension, exhaust, rear end, steering column, brake booster/master cylinder, and engine :). My PCM is still RT though (for now)... I guess that makes me an upbadger, lol.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I drive a TorRed SXT and added a flat black rear spoiler, Chin spoiler, and Daytona QP stripes that read Charger.

I don't understand why that's a problem, I like the look, and in no way am I trying to upbadge, so what does it matter that I'm trying to make my car a little nicer to look at?
From your description, I don't think any of us here have a problem with your set up. IMO, what you did is not up badging.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree with you Tudor that does make a lot of sence.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Heh, I think if it "bugs you" then you've got WAY too much free time on your hands. The thing that really cracks me up though are the plastic stick-on scoops and the fake fender vents....and then there's those rims that keep spinning while the car is stopped. Hooo boy! Always good for a chuckle.

Different strokes. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
391 Posts
The thing that really cracks me up though are the . . . fake fender vents . . .
That's something I really don't get. I don't see very many of those in IL, but last time I was in MI, they were all over the place.

Fake or real, they still look lame.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
The stripes that say Daytona are out of place on a non-daytona, but
the other parts I don't have a problem with.

People put SRT hoods, font fascias, rear fascias and rims on non-SRT
cars all the time. Heck, I have the Daytona grill, front spoiler and
rear spoiler on my Inferno. I hope to get an SRT-8 hood sometime
this summer.

One of the reasons I went with the bumble style stripe was so it wouldn't look like I was trying to clone a Daytona.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i don't see it that often with chargers but see it all the time with BMW's upbadged as M3's... Mustang GT's upbadged as Cobra's... just think how those owners with the real thing must feel:alfdance:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i don't see it that often with chargers but see it all the time with BMW's upbadged as M3's... Mustang GT's upbadged as Cobra's... just think how those owners with the real thing must feel:alfdance:
Lol like every 4 door BMW out here has a M3 badge.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I think its cool I would not minf seeing Daytona Stripes on a non daytona but have them Say CHarger..

THe most sincere form of flattery is to be copied.

I have always wondered what it would be like seeing Daytona like Chargers is colors like Bright SIlver, Meg Pearl, Steel Blue, Lt. Sandstone, Midnight Blue. etc..

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I have a SXT. It looks like an RT. I'm I trying to be an RT? Nope, not at all. I proudly wear my SXT badge on the rear. As long as I don't put any emblems on my car that say I'm anything other than what I am, I will continue to go for the look "I" like.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
When I had the MoPower Rear Spoiler installed, I had black quarter-panel stripes put on, but had them extended all the way to the end of the spoiler. There is also a black stripe under the "lip" of the spoiler across the back. You'll notice they don't say anything, though. ;)

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
lol @ everyone defending their "Daytona stye" graphics and missing the entire point of this thread.............dude said the hip decal specifically said "DAYTONA", and thats what he had a problem with / didnt understand........not a black hip decal that says something else, a black spoiler, etc

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
When I had the MoPower Rear Spoiler installed, I had black quarter-panel stripes put on, but had them extended all the way to the end of the spoiler. There is also a black stripe under the "lip" of the spoiler across the back. You'll notice they don't say anything, though. ;)

Not to bring this thread off-topic but can I see more pics of that Mopower rear spoiler?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Mine has flat black QP stingers that have Charger R/T in them. I also have a Daytona spoiler, and a trunk black out with Charger and R/T in it in place of the chrome letters. That's the theme I wanted. Brilliant Black with flat graphics and spoiler.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Mine has flat black QP stingers that have Charger R/T in them. I also have a Daytona spoiler, and a trunk black out with Charger and R/T in it in place of the chrome letters. That's the theme I wanted. Brilliant Black with flat graphics and spoiler.
Hey man, I think I passed your car on I95 between Sheridan and 595 saturday. Was showing my girlfriend how a blacked out charger on the highway was looking sharp. Curious, how do you think the Charger letters being white would look on your stripes? So everything else black with only the letters being white. So at night the white letters would stand out. Wicked looking car man.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts