Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing my summer tires to the AS today and noticed that my 2017 Daytona has Bilsten shocks. Are these unique to the Daytona or do the Scat's also have those shocks?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I'm sure someone will chime in here but my understanding was they were exactly the same Bilstein from Scat to Daytona 392.

What is weird on the R/T is that the Super Track Pak sometimes has the Bilsteins and other times Sachs shocks with the same part numbers... depends on year and maybe even assembly line change overs. Originally it was advertised as Bilstein but there was some rolling change at some point that put Sachs in there probably with same/similar specs.

Reactions: Carolinatim

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was changing my summer tires to the AS today and noticed that my 2017 Daytona has Bilsten shocks. Are these unique to the Daytona or do the Scat's also have those shocks?
they both share the same bilstein in the normal form of shocks.... the only difference is if you get the dynamics package, or whatever the name is... the setup with the electronically adjustable ones... thats the only difference.

they have the reg scat/daytona setup listed as the mopar track pack which comes with a set of lowering springs for about 470

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they both share the same bilstein in the normal form of shocks.... the only difference is if you get the dynamics package, or whatever the name is... the setup with the electronically adjustable ones... thats the only difference.

they have the reg scat/daytona setup listed as the mopar track pack which comes with a set of lowering springs for about 470
Mines a 2017, the only ones that had the adjustable suspension that year was the SRT as far as I know. I have the dynamics package. Are you saying that the Scat and Daytona was lowered compared to the RT? Makes sense, mine looks lower.

So there's no difference between the Scat and Daytona suspension?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mines a 2017, the only ones that had the adjustable suspension that year was the SRT as far as I know. I have the dynamics package. Are you saying that the Scat and Daytona was lowered compared to the RT? Makes sense, mine looks lower.

Yeah Scat sits probably 1/2 inch lower than R/T maybe 3/4 it is noticeable. As far as I know Daytona 392 and Scat Pack are same suspension (except for newer Scats with the Adaptive option).

It's funny the Super Track Pak I swear for a while was advertised (or reported in press) as being 1/2 inch lower on R/Ts but I don't think it is... or at least it isn't now.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
There can be differences in spring rates but still share the same shocks if that's what you mean, the Challenger is like this too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
874 Posts
They should be exactly the same. The Daytona is a package and the suspension isn't a part of the upgrade. The Adaptive suspension is different but can be on either trim level.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Spring codes are different so there is a difference albeit probably slight difference in the springs and probably Scat Pack will be a little stiffer.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Spring codes are different so there is a difference albeit probably slight difference in the springs and probably Scat Pack will be a little stiffer.

Is this because it's a 2017? I didn't see any suspension changes in the 2020 Daytona Package.
  • 20-Inch x 9.5-Inch Forged / Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • 275/40ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires
  • 392 Fender Decal
  • Automatic Adjust in Reverse Ext Mirrors
  • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Driver Mirror
  • Black-Edged Premium Floormats
  • Carbonite Interior Accents
  • Daytona Decals Hood / Roof / Trunk
  • Daytona Front Grille Badge
  • Daytona Instrument Panel Badge
  • Daytona Logo Nappa/Alcantara Seat
  • Driver & Passenger Lower LED Lamps
  • Front Overhead LED Lighting
  • Gloss Black Instrument Cluster Trim Rings
  • Heated Second-Row Seats
  • Illuminated Rear Cupholders
  • Cold Air Intake System by Mopar®
  • Power Front Driver and Passenger Seats
  • Power Tilt / Telescope Steering Column
  • Premium-Stitched Dash Panel
  • Power-Heated Memory Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
  • Memory for Radio, Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors
  • Blind-Spot Indicator with Memory/Power/Heat Mirrors (Unavailable with some configurations)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Is this because it's a 2017? I didn't see any suspension changes in the 2020 Daytona Package.
  • 20-Inch x 9.5-Inch Forged / Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • 275/40ZR20 All-Season Performance Tires
  • 392 Fender Decal
  • Automatic Adjust in Reverse Ext Mirrors
  • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Driver Mirror
  • Black-Edged Premium Floormats
  • Carbonite Interior Accents
  • Daytona Decals Hood / Roof / Trunk
  • Daytona Front Grille Badge
  • Daytona Instrument Panel Badge
  • Daytona Logo Nappa/Alcantara Seat
  • Driver & Passenger Lower LED Lamps
  • Front Overhead LED Lighting
  • Gloss Black Instrument Cluster Trim Rings
  • Heated Second-Row Seats
  • Illuminated Rear Cupholders
  • Cold Air Intake System by Mopar
  • Power Front Driver and Passenger Seats
  • Power Tilt / Telescope Steering Column
  • Premium-Stitched Dash Panel
  • Power-Heated Memory Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
  • Memory for Radio, Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors
  • Blind-Spot Indicator with Memory/Power/Heat Mirrors (Unavailable with some configurations)
We'd have to double check the spring codes but that's a Daytona 392 so the springs would normally be different from a Super Track Pack (Daytona) 5.7L.

·
Registered
874 Posts
We'd have to double check the spring codes but that's a Daytona 392 so the springs would normally be different from a Super Track Pack (Daytona) 5.7L.

I thought he had a Daytona 392?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I thought he had a Daytona 392?
Well hell he does, so forget what I said!

Didn't see where he said 392 and don't see a signature on my phone, if it's there my apologies OP.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Yeah Scat sits probably 1/2 inch lower than R/T maybe 3/4 it is noticeable. As far as I know Daytona 392 and Scat Pack are same suspension (except for newer Scats with the Adaptive option).

It's funny the Super Track Pak I swear for a while was advertised (or reported in press) as being 1/2 inch lower on R/Ts but I don't think it is... or at least it isn't now.
Whatever trim level Scat for 2020 and 2021, it comes with non adaptive suspension. Adaptive dampening suspension is a separate $1000 option even with the Daytona as far as I know.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Remember though, only the Scat has the same axle as the Hellcat, so maybe the rear springs are different too?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Whatever trim level Scat for 2020 and 2021, it comes with non adaptive suspension. Adaptive dampening suspension is a separate $1000 option even with the Daytona as far as I know.
That is correct , you need not know more than you do LOL.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well hell he does, so forget what I said!

Didn't see where he said 392 and don't see a signature on my phone, if it's there my apologies OP.

No worries LOL.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Remember though, only the Scat has the same axle as the Hellcat, so maybe the rear springs are different too?
Different then what? The Daytona is a trim level of the Scat pack. So each car with a Daytona package will have the same exact suspension as the Scat Pack because it is a Scat Pack. The Adaptive Suspension is also the same on the Scat Pack and Daytona 392, they are not different cars just the Daytona is a Trim level put on top of the Scat Pack standard. The Plus package is similar to the Daytona with less cool features like the Carbonite interior and those Cool Daytona seats. Not to mention the graphics package on the exterior.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
And you can't get the adaptive suspension without the Dynamics package... so while it is a $995 upcharge which is reasonable you also need to fork over $2,295 for the Dynamics (which I also happen to feel is a pretty good deal too for the bigger wheels/tires and 6 Pot Brembos).

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
I mean the actual axles and housing is different. I've been researching coil overs, springs, etc, for a while. Everyone has said the Scat and HC are the same, so whatever fits other models, will NOT fit the Scat or HC. Just saying what I heard.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
And you can't get the adaptive suspension without the Dynamics package... so while it is a $995 upcharge which is reasonable you also need to fork over $2,295 for the Dynamics (which I also happen to feel is a pretty good deal too for the bigger wheels/tires and 6 Pot Brembos).
Daytona helps here as on Daytona the Dynamics is only $1195 vs $2295 on Scat Pack since Daytona already includes the big wheels and tires. If you compare a Dynamics Daytona with a Dynamics Plus Scat the Daytona is only $900 more.

I mean the actual axles and housing is different. I've been researching coil overs, springs, etc, for a while. Everyone has said the Scat and HC are the same, so whatever fits other models, will NOT fit the Scat or HC. Just saying what I heard.
Should all be the same. Build sheet shows a 230 mm LSD for Daytona 392 as is standard procedure on all 392 cars. Mechanically underneath these cars should be identical.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts