Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He lost. Oh not by much, but it's one of those 07 red w/black stripes packages, w/ chip work. SOunded great, and since mine is unchipped he actually started to go by when he hit third, but it was still while I was in second, and when mine hit third I reeled him right back in and never had to look back. He lost by at least a length at the end. We left it on good terms, no animosity just a couple of hotrodders having a little light-to-light fun.

DISCLAIMER
No illegal gambling occured, no funds were transacted. No animals were harmed in the making of this kill, although we ran over two homeless people and a little old lady at the bus stop - remember, street racing is illegal!

REB

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nice kill.

·
Registered
93 Posts
you couldn't give me a ford.

·
Registered
253 Posts
A chip doesn't really do crap on the modulars. A cai, exhaust, TB, gears and a tune may make it a better race. Good kill.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice kill bro......Now I wont be as hesitant to floor it when I see one of those new GT's

·
Registered
366 Posts
dont be fooled tho ....some of those 3v mustangs run better than others i got two buddy with them and one has done 13.5 and the other a 13.7 stock....they were stomping on my head when i was stock...i was impressed seeing how the 2v motors were high 14's at best stock

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice kill
so you were even with him till he hit 3rd?
Well, the Stangs are a bit lower geared, so he was pedalling through them faster than my Daytona, due to the difference. We stayed pretty even through the first two gears, though his were shorter and he changed quicker. Part of the reason he started to go by in third is that the Daytona was still in second gear, winding out, and until it changed he actually gained a bit. Plus his rev limiter had been raised, I could tell, so he was getting more spin out of his motor than I was mine. Once I hit third though (just a split second behind his) I reeled him back in and kept pulling on.

REB

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well, the Stangs are a bit lower geared, so he was pedalling through them faster than my Daytona, due to the difference. We stayed pretty even through the first two gears, though his were shorter and he changed quicker. Part of the reason he started to go by in third is that the Daytona was still in second gear, winding out, and until it changed he actually gained a bit. Plus his rev limiter had been raised, I could tell, so he was getting more spin out of his motor than I was mine. Once I hit third though (just a split second behind his) I reeled him back in and kept pulling on.

REB
man you didnt do bad at all, good job

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Do you know if his was automatic or stick?

·
Registered
253 Posts

REB
Explain?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow...I dont know how these mustangs keep losing to RTs when everywhere I look, they supposedly run at least a half second faster from 0-60.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
could you be more specific on where it ended? i'm just wondering how long it took to get 1 car length ahead. if you dont wanna get flamed for sayin u went 100 mph or w.e u can pm me

·
Registered
928 Posts
remeber guys, this was an OLD rustang not a new one. the old ones were MUCH slower than the new modles are.

also most mustang drivers cant drive for crap ;) heheh

·
Registered
467 Posts
remeber guys, this was an OLD rustang not a new one. heheh
it clearly stated 07 mustang gt. so its the current gen stang.

0-60 may be faster than chargers, but thats because they're lighter and geared differently.
from a roll chargers may have an advantage.

·
Registered
928 Posts
oh whoops got this confused with the other guy who was beating up on an old cobra, my bad

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice Job!

Just because a professional driver gets a best 0-60 for a magazine article, doesn't mean the average guy on the street is capable of meeting those same times... Our automatics, and taller gearing seem to make them a little more easily (or at least consistently) launched. We don't have to deal with the same level of wheelspin or traction issues.

Bottom line- the tests may say Mustangs are a bit faster, but real world says it's a damn good race!

IMHO

·
Registered
253 Posts
remeber guys, this was an OLD rustang not a new one. the old ones were MUCH slower than the new modles are.

also most mustang drivers cant drive for crap ;) heheh
And most Charger drivers can't do anything more than simple bolt ons.:beat:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts