Registered
1,129 Posts
Pretty cool, pretty cool......
Chase

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car being built is most likely the "pretty" one..for close ups etc. It'll be thrown together 6 bangers that get used w/ a V8 soundtrack in the movie. Although Iam sure with their budget they may even turn some SRT8s into Daytonas for their "driftability"...

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
hmmmm... guess I better get crackin on perf mods, cuz every grain of rice in the world is gonna wanna race now...

·
Registered
794 Posts
cuz every grain of rice in the world is gonna wanna race now...
I wouldn't worry too much. Most are wannabes that just strap on a fart can and think they've gained 20hp, shouldn't be a threat.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I personally don't like this at all. I like having a car that there aren't a million of around. With a moving like this coming out every kid (yes I'm only 23 but I'm calling them kids) is going to go purchase a 2.7L and throw on some rice mods. They will then go ruin our reputation and we'll end up being just like the rustang.

Just my feelings on the matter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
it'll give Dodge much needed cash though, so it is a good thing sort of...

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I personally don't like this at all. I like having a car that there aren't a million of around. With a movie like this coming out every kid (yes I'm only 23 but I'm calling them kids) is going to go purchase a 2.7L and throw on some rice mods. They will then go ruin our reputation and we'll end up being just like the rustang.

Just my feelings on the matter.
To a certaion extent this has already happened to me. However, I have started to only care about seeing the Charger's with a 5.7 or better.

Not that I look down on the V6's, I just feel a bigger comradere amongst those that got the 5.7L or better. You never know who you will see in a v6....a grandmother....soccer mom...it could be anybody

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Flame me if you want....but I kinda liked Tokyo Drift, Part III of F&F. I mean for what it was worth.

I am sort of a Bow Wow fan so that might have had something to do it.

I also like Triple X 2, which was likely due to Ice Cube and Xzibit.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Did anyone actually read the article it didn't state the charger was going to be the main car. It stated the new Skyline and Camaro we're going to be the main cars. The charger will have a big role, but not the main character, meaning they'll probably make the Camaro beat it in whatever it's doing

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
To a certaion extent this has already happened to me. However, I have started to only care about seeing the Charger's with a 5.7 or better.

Not that I look down on the V6's, I just feel a bigger comradere amongst those that got the 5.7L or better. You never know who you will see in a v6....a grandmother....soccer mom...it could be anybody
I have seen many "soccer moms" and grandmothers drive Chargers with the Hemi. Guess that kinda blows your reasoning out of the water....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
856 Posts

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rockon: :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts