Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i was wondering the same thing, but here is what i have come up with - i am going to put on the daytona grill but leave the chrome cross doohikies (good word) and instead of doing the r/t badge i am going to go with a throwback cursive charger emblem in its place. tacky? cool? anyone? i have found alot of emblems on ebay for decent prices, it would add something a little different from others.

just an idea.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey Go Daddy, we just did the daytone honeycomb grill in ours and kept the chrome crosshairs, we like it. But were kinda thinking about getting the R/T badge to go there. Our car is black, with 5% tinted windows and 22" black wheels with chrome lip so I can't decide whether the red would throw in the right amount of contrast or just look out of place.........

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i would think it would great, should stand out nicely. if you went with the chrome r/t i think it would just blend in with the crosshairs.

i am still debating, man the red r/t badge against the black grill with the silver body...i think it would stand out. but still.....leaning real heavy toward the old charger style emblem. the wife and i saw the dukes of hazzard movies tonight and when the general lee ran by the camera i saw the emblem on the front grill. just not sure, what does everyone think...too much nostalgia or cool looking?

oh yeah, how hard was the grill to do? i am worried about snapping the chrome crosshairs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I will post pics when complete. I just got the Daytana Grille Insert yesterday, I have '2' Red R/T emblems from the tail and grille of a 1970 Charger and I also have and extra chrome R/T emblem. Hoping to have the mods done this w/e. The instructions for installing the new grille have 21 steps but seem easy enough... With Midnight Blue the 'Red' R/T logos should stand out the best... I will test both... Can't wait to get it on there. I am leaving the crosshairs Chrome... for now... Tinting is next, then the chin up front and SRT8 Spoiler as soon as its available... I also have the Hood Shocks and Auto Headlight switch to install... I am going to get the Daytona Engine Cover in GO MAN GO as soon as it becomes available also. K&N plus Zoomers are also on the horizon...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey chargin06,

i have seen people on other forums post about hood shocks - what are they?
what do they do?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
chargin06 said:
I will post pics when complete. I just got the Daytana Grille Insert yesterday, I have '2' Red R/T emblems from the tail and grille of a 1970 Charger and I also have and extra chrome R/T emblem. Hoping to have the mods done this w/e. The instructions for installing the new grille have 21 steps but seem easy enough... With Midnight Blue the 'Red' R/T logos should stand out the best... I will test both... Can't wait to get it on there. I am leaving the crosshairs Chrome... for now... Tinting is next, then the chin up front and SRT8 Spoiler as soon as its available... I also have the Hood Shocks and Auto Headlight switch to install... I am going to get the Daytona Engine Cover in GO MAN GO as soon as it becomes available also. K&N plus Zoomers are also on the horizon...
Chargin06,
Can you post the part numbers for the grill and hood shocks?
I hope my Charger comes in next week and I really want to install the hood shock as soon as possible.
The grill depending on cost would be next or after the headers.

As far as your chrome cross hairs,
How do you think it would look painted with a couple coats of Tinted clear coat?
Just a thought.
________
Exxxotica cam

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dad was looking at the mounting points for the hood shocks on my Daytona - wonder why the heck they didn't put them on?? Everything is there for them except for the shocks!

Also, on the Daytona's - why didn't they put a "Daytona" emblem of some sort on the rear/trunk? You can only tell it's a Daytona from the side by the graphics, nothing even on the front - seems like they left a little something out.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey needasrt4,

got a quick question, where did you pick up the grill insert and how much did it end up costing you? i found a site for 40 and another for 80, wondering why such a huge difference. i showed my wife my ideas and she likes the grill insert with the cursive charger emblem in chrome on the front end.

appreciate any help with the insert!

·
Registered
111 Posts
All - I ordered the Daytona Grille insert from Lee Auto...

http://www.leeparts.com/charger.html#exterior

Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Style Grille Insert 82209978

I ordered the hood shocks and auto headlight switch from makeitmopar.com

The hood shocks hold up the hood rather than depending on the prop rod. However, I am leaving the prop rod on the car as it is stock. I used the 2005 300C as a base for the hood shocks and auto headlight switch. However, I am sure the 2005 Magnum p/n's work too.

When you go to makeitmopar select the Collision catalog/2005/Chrysler/300/hood/components/lift cylinder/left and then right... Do the same for all the other items listed below... As stated.... I am at the hospital with a brand new baby, so I do not have the p/n's with me. But the trick is to follow along the ordering page as I have shown...

Collision Catalog - 2005 - Chrysler - 300
Hood, Hood and components, Lift cylinder, Lift cylinder Right

Hood, Hood and components, Lift cylinder, Lift cylinder Left

Hood, Hood and components, Lift cylinder, Bolt, Bolt Back (NEED 2)

Hood, Hood and components, Lift cylinder, Stud, Stud Back (NEED 2)

Mechanical Catalog - 2005 - Dodge - Magnum
Electrical, Chassis electrical, Switches, Headlamp switch, HEADLAMP SWITCH, Magnum, 300, w/Fog Lamps, w/Auto Lamps

Have fun...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
thanks for the info chargin06. i am ordering from leeparts.com today and getting my badge off of ebay, i will post pics in a week or so when everything comes in and i do the quick install.

i love this site, so much info and knowledge, but damn you guys...now i want the hood shocks!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
You will want to have a little patience when you go to install the grill, its a little bit frustrating. We had to use a panel puler to pry the clips in the backside to get it to release the grill. Shaun had the crosshair section out in less than 10 minutes (we have pulled grills on LX cars countless times) average person should take about 20-25 minutes. It took another 30 minutes in prying to get the stock grill from the crosshairs and 30 seconds to get the daytona grill on the crosshairs and another 10 minutes to install the crosshairs back in the car

·
Registered
154 Posts
I haven't had a chance to get a new grille for it yet, but I did score an original RT Badge that I added on. I like the color on the front end. What do you all think. I also added some script charger emblems under the HEMI on both sides. I think that it sets it off a bit and gives it a unique look. Comments are appreciated

Lammy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
lammy said:
I haven't had a chance to get a new grille for it yet, but I did score an original RT Badge that I added on. I like the color on the front end. What do you all think. I also added some script charger emblems under the HEMI on both sides. I think that it sets it off a bit and gives it a unique look. Comments are appreciated

Lammy

I like the look of the script charger emblems... however the finish of the emblem does not fit... the Hemi looks chrome, and the charger looks brushed... looks good... but the finish just doesn't match IMHO

·
Registered
154 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
I like the look of the script charger emblems... however the finish of the emblem does not fit... the Hemi looks chrome, and the charger looks brushed... looks good... but the finish just doesn't match IMHO

It is partially a bad pic, but you are correct. I am looking for some old HEMI logos no to match the script. From a distance of more than 5 feet you really can not tell the difference, but thanks for the feed back. it is always welcome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts