Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the Daytona R/T option will be available and how many will be produced? I am guessing that it will be limited production.

·
Registered
352 Posts
the r/t is being built now the srt-8 will be limited production.we been told we will get 8 srt-8 ea of the 300c mag and charger.we ordered 16 300c srt-8 and they cancelled 8 of them .and were a big dealer in ca.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
T/A Rumbler said:
Does anyone know when the Daytona R/T option will be available and how many will be produced? I am guessing that it will be limited production.
Production began today :clap: The daytona's will be sequentially numbered and I thought 5000 of each color was to be produced, with the Go ManGo done first and the Top Banana next. After these are built the road/track performance package will be available on the regular rt Charger...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...I was searching autotrader and ebay and couldn't find one with the Daytona R/T package...so I guess it will be a short while before they start showing up at the dealer's showroom floor....

·
Registered
352 Posts
i was looking and dont see that the daytona has the rear dvd as a option. it doent show it at all.it may come with it as standard eq i cant find out.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
bbjl,
How/where (what dealer) did you order a Daytona? I was told by the dealer that the Daytona could not be order.
The sales manager called his distributor while I was in his office. I was told that they are a "Limited production run" and that the cars where already allocated to dealers. Now this dealer has been wrong (a lot). So, I would like to contact the dealer you are working with.

Also, the rear seat DVD is not listed as an option "from the factory" Just the DVD based GPS Nav system.
________
Wellbutrin lawsuit

·
Registered
73 Posts
Charger Daytona can't be ordered at this time.
They may be given to dealers through the dealer reps, but you can't order them now.
RT

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the price quote for the "Daytona R/T" package on the Dodge website and sent it to my local dealer here in the Tulsa area and this the reply from the dealer:

Hi Shaun,

Thank you very much for the email regarding the Charger. This looks like it is going to be a great car. Unfortunately, we havn't had any hit the ground yet. We are expecting our first Charger to come in next week though. At that time, would you like me to email you so you can come in and look at it. I understand it is the more basic package, but you can take a look and testdrive if you havn't already. For the package that you emailed about, we would have to order it for you. May take a little time before they get it processed. Happy to do that for you if that is an option. Please feel free to email or call. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hi Shaun,

Thank you very much for the email regarding the Charger. This looks like it is going to be a great car. Unfortunately, we havn't had any hit the ground yet. We are expecting our first Charger to come in next week though. At that time, would you like me to email you so you can come in and look at it. I understand it is the more basic package, but you can take a look and testdrive if you havn't already. For the package that you emailed about, we would have to order it for you. May take a little time before they get it processed. Happy to do that for you if that is an option. Please feel free to email or call. Thanks, Chris
Anything to get you in the door.
________
Park Royal 2 Condo Pattaya

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Wonder if the Fast Feedbacks count towards the 5K total?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I found out that Daytona production will be less than I thought, and don't even try to order one...DCx is allocating them 1 to each dealer of each color. Go ManGo first followed by top banana in the fall. There are no employee discounts offered on this car and they will be sequentially numbered for collectability, My gen manager said he will take the best offer over MSRP+ $5000 to get ours, I said no thanks. The Road/track performance package is the daytona without the wing or special paint and regular discount apply, so I guess I now know what I'm getting :cry:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I'm not %100 on this, but I don't think the performance package gets the +10 horse of the Daytona, just the suspension, basically. .

And as I recall, it was supposed to be 5K of each color.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
thats what I thought also, but tried to order one yesterday from my dealership and my gm was told that info on the daytonas. Thats also where I got my info on the road/track performance package :sad:

Dodge Info newsletter:
Charger comes in 6 diffrent "flavors" se,sxt,r/t,r/t performance,daytona r/t and srt-8....it lists all of the standard features and the r/t performance comes with all of the daytona upgrades just looks like a regular r/t :)
I see a silver steel r/t performance in my future... :wink:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
ok so pending that I am unable to get my Daytona....... how much would it cost to get rid of the horrid chrome grille, change the bumper to the daytona or SRT part, and add the spoiler....

also does the performance package include the seats from the daytona?

Exhaust? is it same as R/T? if so that is yet another 1,000 to spend on it.... what about tires? are they wider then stock?... with the daytona you get a few grand extra (compared to modifying after car purchase) for 1,300 bucks when equally equiped.... it is actually a good bargin....

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hey, can somebody go round up that marketing guy that was roaming around? This is a great place for him to show his stuff:)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
ok so pending that I am unable to get my Daytona....... how much would it cost to get rid of the horrid chrome grille, change the bumper to the daytona or SRT part, and add the spoiler....

also does the performance package include the seats from the daytona?

Exhaust? is it same as R/T? if so that is yet another 1,000 to spend on it.... what about tires? are they wider then stock?... with the daytona you get a few grand extra (compared to modifying after car purchase) for 1,300 bucks when equally equiped.... it is actually a good bargin....
to answer your questions, there are currently no body part prices on the Charger yet in the DCx system...Yes the seats from the Daytona(minus the stiching) are in thr Road/Track package, along with the exhaust and intake changes and brake and suspension changes...the rims are the same as Daytona too!! just no crazy paint, interior trim and stitching and no sequential numbered plaque, or wing black out trim and front spoiler....

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
yeah I figured no prices were out.. and my post was more about the value of the daytona for not much more cash for those who want a more aggressive looking car..

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I agree with you if you can find someone willing to part with one for around sticker...I like the wing and the front lip spoiler and I suggest be patient, chrysler is notorious for offering appearence packages as a parts package that you will be able to purchase. An example of this is the Neon sport appearence package that has all of the srt-4 body mods for the regular neon. They only offer them in the srt-4 colors, but the wing and spoiler on the Daytona is black....I will post if I hear of something from the parts department :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
chargershed said:
to answer your questions, there are currently no body part prices on the Charger yet in the DCx system...Yes the seats from the Daytona(minus the stiching) are in thr Road/Track package, along with the exhaust and intake changes and brake and suspension changes...the rims are the same as Daytona too!! just no crazy paint, interior trim and stitching and no sequential numbered plaque, or wing black out trim and front spoiler....
I think Daytona_RT and I are in the same boat, want to get the D R/T but might not be able to pull one out of the hat due to allotment. Therefore will have to settle for second best with the Road/Track package (which is really the fun part of it anyways :drool: ). I can wait for DCx to catch up on the body parts and install them later.

chargershed (and anyone else for that matter), I am also in the denver area. Through business-to-business agreements I am able to get a special discount with JE Dodge SW. Talked to the contact there and priced a build with the Rd/Tck Pkg for about 35,800 (nearly all the good options sans the rear video). However (get this), he needed to check with his manager to see if I would get a discount or not. He wasn't sure because "they are selling for 2 to 3 thousand over around town". Is this guy blowing wind up my skirt? Or do you think it would be best to scrap the B2B route and take your manager's offer of "order anything for sticker"? Also, through my own company we have the DC Affiliates Reward Program available to us, but when I tried to get a Contact No. from the site, the charger (of any variety) was not even availble to select. Any words of wisdom from an insider?

Thanks.

PS - I told this guy I was not in a hurry to go thru with anything, just wanted to get in contact with someone about the D R/T and discuss my chances for getting one (slim to none, with the premium they are going to ask for it puts it out of my reach). Also told him that I KNOW I could spend a couple hundred in airfare and fly somewhere to get a deal less than MSRP and it would still be a better deal than a premium on sticker. (I could then have fun on the drive home!!)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hey Guys! Go to spoilerfactory.com. They have the rear deck spoiler for $239.00 painted. It's factory duplicate. No front spoilers yet. :sad: :) Regards!! Mike

1 - 20 of 78 Posts