Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how far in advance some of you ordered? And if I would have a snow balls chance in hell of still getting one this year without buying it off the lot? Not sure I can get one off the lot of a dealership who pre ordered either so excuse my ignorance.

I only found out yesterday I could fit in one hence my extremly late timing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Well there should still be some of the Go Man Go colored ones, and they've yet to even begin producing the Top Banana colors. The initial plan was to make 4000 of the Daytona's 2000 of each color, and so far I've only seen upwards of production number 240 I think.

All in all...

Only 130 days til Christmas. :santa: :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats good news. I want to order Go man Go color anyway. What did they want for a deposit? I was thinking it would be around 10%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Jadkyl said:
Well there should still be some of the Go Man Go colored ones, and they've yet to even begin producing the Top Banana colors. The initial plan was to make 4000 of the Daytona's 2000 of each color, and so far I've only seen upwards of production number 240 I think.

All in all...

Only 130 days til Christmas. :santa: :whistle:

They all go to Windsor to have the Daytona package added. One guy posted picture of the yard and it looks like they are doing a large number each day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,783 Posts
Jadkyl said:
Well there should still be some of the Go Man Go colored ones, and they've yet to even begin producing the Top Banana colors. The initial plan was to make 4000 of the Daytona's 2000 of each color, and so far I've only seen upwards of production number 240 I think.

All in all...

Only 130 days til Christmas. :santa: :whistle:

Its 4000 of each color, and I saw #380 down in Rochester, MN this past weekend...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
From those I have talked to, the dealers have been taking anywhere from $500 - $1500 for a deposit. I'm going with an RT with the Performance Group package, and I only put $500 down with a dealer out of state even.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I ordered a Charger R/T, not a Daytona and not with the Road & Track package. My dealer requested a $500 deposit. From what I've gathered around these parts, for ordering an R/T, the deposit seems to be about $500. I am not sure if they would request more for a Daytona order, but I can't see why they should.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
70 AAR Cuda said:
I was wondering how far in advance some of you ordered? And if I would have a snow balls chance in hell of still getting one this year without buying it off the lot? Not sure I can get one off the lot of a dealership who pre ordered either so excuse my ignorance.

I only found out yesterday I could fit in one hence my extremly late timing.

A friend of a friend works at a Dodge dealer, and told me they are only alocated one, they wont see it until November, so if you hurry you may still be able to get a Go Mango
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant beleive my luck. Called the dealer ship near my house. They have 2 Go man Go with the options I wanted coming in at the end of september or possible the beggining of November. He said they will sign an agreement with me pending the sale of my truck. So if I sell it before the car arrives I get the charger. If I dont I get my deposit back with no loss to either of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Now that's a straight up fair/nice arrangement. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I thought so. This guy was the coolest care salesmen I ever talked too. Im not sure what I will do if I sell it to soon. Since I dont have a normal back up car. Might have to drive my 69 camaro to work :cry:


Jadkyl said:
Now that's a straight up fair/nice arrangement. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
70 AAR Cuda said:
I cant beleive my luck. Called the dealer ship near my house. They have 2 Go man Go with the options I wanted coming in at the end of september or possible the beggining of November. He said they will sign an agreement with me pending the sale of my truck. So if I sell it before the car arrives I get the charger. If I dont I get my deposit back with no loss to either of us.
Depending on how much your truck is worth, you could trade it and save alot on sales tax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm never sold a car before. What sales tax are you refering too? On the charger or on my truck when I sell it used?

RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
Depending on how much your truck is worth, you could trade it and save alot on sales tax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
70 AAR Cuda said:
Hmmm never sold a car before. What sales tax are you refering too? On the charger or on my truck when I sell it used?
On the Charger when you buy it. In Colorado, where I live we have an additional 8.25% so that means that if I pay $33,000 for my car I need to add $2,722.5 in tax. If I trade somthing in that is worth $10,000 then they only tax me on $23,000. Saving $825.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awe I see! I follow you now. My Denali isnt paid off so ill have to check on how much that will help me.


RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
On the Charger when you buy it. In Colorado, where I live we have an additional 8.25% so that means that if I pay $33,000 for my car I need to add $2,722.5 in tax. If I trade somthing in that is worth $10,000 then they only tax me on $23,000. Saving $825.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Just a tid bit, but it doesn't make any difference if your car is paid off or not. You paid sales tax on it for the whole amount. So if they ( just numbers ) Give you 20K for your car, and you still owe 10K on it, you get 20K of tax reduction on the new car.

Tricster
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I have a Vin and its in stage D. Is there a guide some where that shows what stage D is?

And thanks Tricster for that info.

I am really wondering if I should try and talk to the guy at Muray though. That is the same exact car for 3g less. I live in michigan though so it would be a long haul home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
70 AAR Cuda said:
Well I have a Vin and its in stage D. Is there a guide some where that shows what stage D is?

And thanks Tricster for that info.

I am really wondering if I should try and talk to the guy at Muray though. That is the same exact car for 3g less. I live in michigan though so it would be a long haul home.
congrats on the order

here is a thread where I posted status codes...

Hopefully one of these days Admin or a moderator will sticky that thread...

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076&highlight=status+codes

to add to the list... D2 is a plant only code... DCX reps do not see this code(just an FYI)... D2 means (roughly) it will be built within the next 6 days

HTH
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top