Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty much a "informational" post.

I was on a waiting list for a Daytona coming into Naples Dodge in Naples, Florida. It is currently waiting customs clearance and to be put on a railcar for delivery down here within the next 3-4 weeks, can't see it being any longer than that really.

Thing is, I couldn't wait that long and was turned on to another Daytona, the first in Florida I beleive, by Charger Fan on this board, and took delivery last night. So I cancelled the deal I had with Naples Dodge and although I did not need to feel bad about cancelling on my salesperson down there, I still feel kinda crappy. Guess that's just me.

Anyway, the VIN on the car coming in not spoken for at this time is 2B3KA53H56H195636
Only thing it does not have is the NAV system in the dash, loaded otherwise. I have the spec sheet if anyone wants it faxed to them, just PM me and I'll get it to you.

Also, the salespersons name is CESAR RUSCH, very nice guy. They are selling the car at MSRP, which is a far cry better than most dealers are doing. In my quest to get a Daytona ASAP, I have found most dealers putting a pricing addendum on them of anywhere from $8000 - $10,000.

Call Cesar at 239-594-2100, cell - 239-0289-4135.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A dealer here in Miami has a Daytona MSRP 36K

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why would you pay MSRP? You should be paying close(or actual) to invoice. They still make money with the holdback and other commisions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think because the Daytona is a limited production vehicle most, not all, dealers are trying to get at least MSRP. I don't have time for those games i'm gonna order a R/T w Road/Track Performance Group at invoice price.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck trying to find one that you can deal with or that will sell under MSRP. Out of 15 dealerships that I contacted to ship one in to my local dealership, all were 8-10k over MSRP. None would release one of their units to my local dealership. I ended up driving 3 hours each way last night to go to West Palm Beach to get one and glad I did, looks like one of the only if not the only one in Florida right now. Also, they have an incentive that came thru yesterday when the Employee Pricing ended on Monday, for the Daytona it was $500 instant rebate so I at least got something off. I'm just glad I did not have to pay the stupid pricing addendum that most dealerships are putting on it!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
TATTOOMAN said:
Good luck trying to find one that you can deal with or that will sell under MSRP. Out of 15 dealerships that I contacted to ship one in to my local dealership, all were 8-10k over MSRP. None would release one of their units to my local dealership. I ended up driving 3 hours each way last night to go to West Palm Beach to get one and glad I did, looks like one of the only if not the only one in Florida right now. Also, they have an incentive that came thru yesterday when the Employee Pricing ended on Monday, for the Daytona it was $500 instant rebate so I at least got something off. I'm just glad I did not have to pay the stupid pricing addendum that most dealerships are putting on it!

out of all of the dealers in arizona, only one said that they would try to get over msrp... most were willing to give me an over invoice price

and according to dodge's website... the 500 rebate is not valid in the southwest... so while I dont get the rebate... looks like I get better prices from dealers....

I will take the latter... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts