Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I hear folks on this forum talk about adding perf mods such as CAI and aftermarket exhaust systems to their RT's. I have the Daytona edition and my understanding is the reason it has 350 HP is because LX installed a different intake system as well as a more freee flowing exhaust. Would adding a Mopar CAI or an aftermarket exhaust system be worth investing? I've already got the HP increase and the exhaust sounds awesome when you punch it? Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have a Daytona too - I think the exhaust sounds whimpy for what motor it has. I ordered my MagnaFlow last week. Not installed yet, but I'll get back to ya - I know it's gonna sound mean with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't have the Daytona, but do have the R/T with the Road and Track Package., So it is 350 hp also. From what I understand, the only difference between the two is the paint, spoiler, and visual effects such as that. So, the engine AND exhaust are the same (?)

But anyways, I put a K&N CAI on this past week and there is a noticable difference in both sound and power.

Tues, I go to get my Magnaflow exhaust put on. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've heard they had a minor exhaust difference, but never heard about any intake difference. In any event the differences would be minor, and a good aftermarket intake and CAT back would still be an improvement.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
naperguy said:
I have a Daytona too - I think the exhaust sounds whimpy for what motor it has. I ordered my MagnaFlow last week. Not installed yet, but I'll get back to ya - I know it's gonna sound mean with it.
You had better have some sound clips or else..................... :D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that extra 10hp is pure exhaust difference...nothing different on intake or the engine or headers. the exhaust is a freer flowing exhaust (plus i really think there maybe a slight program difference on the daytona pcm...my opinion though)

ok, now if you are asking opinions on what you should....if you like the exhaust note go with a mopar or kn aircharger cai to add a little sound/power and see what you think...if the exhaust doesn't match up then do some of the exhaust mods (full catback/remove stuff). my two cents.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good enough. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be definitely placing an order on the mopar CAI.

·
Registered
263 Posts
GoDaddy said:
that extra 10hp is pure exhaust difference...nothing different on intake or the engine or headers. the exhaust is a freer flowing exhaust (plus i really think there maybe a slight program difference on the daytona pcm...my opinion though)

ok, now if you are asking opinions on what you should....if you like the exhaust note go with a mopar or kn aircharger cai to add a little sound/power and see what you think...if the exhaust doesn't match up then do some of the exhaust mods (full catback/remove stuff). my two cents.

I like the suggestion to "remove stuff"...lol

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey, it is my "small" vocabulary at work....lol

but once rander falls in to our 'ocd' world after the mopar cai....the cats will be in the mail.........

·
Registered
263 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hey, it is my "small" vocabulary at work....lol

but once rander falls in to our 'ocd' world after the mopar cai....the cats will be in the mail.........
Ain't that the truth...I feel a little better after the CAI installed, but am jonesing for those Mangna's. Funny, I was at the gas station yesterday and some kid gave me a compliment on my car, how did I respond?

"Thanks, I appriciate it, but I am still waiting on my Magna's to arrive so I will feel more complete then."

I tell you, I honestly feel like "ashamed" in a way without that exhaust. Ashamed may be too harsh of a word, but, I dunno, I just feel like something is not right without it. Never had it, so how would I know the difference? Gut feeling I guess...but that is how I know my OCD is getting the best of me here...lol :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh yeah...I am seriously thinking of getting those SuperMaxx's tomorrow. I know I have "seriously" thought of getting other stuff, like that supercharger, but that was over 5k, these are under 2k. Then I would feel that my exhaust system upgrade is complete.

Then again, I am looking at the Eibach proline drop, tinting the windows (which I'll just go get it done this week sometime...just haven't had the chance), maybe some 20in rims with some high speed rated tires.

I figure that I need about 15k to really get from stock to where I want to be utlimately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts