Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was bound to happen sooner or later, but today I saw my first two Chargers out and about on the road.

I saw what I believe was an Inferno Red SE or possibly an SXT haulin' a$$ in the opposite direction near St. Cloud Minnesota, early this afternoon. :wink:

The second was a shiny new Daytona, fully loaded, with only 107 miles on it.
(#0109) It has definately found a happy home.

The owner let me sit in it to check out the Performance seats, and I even watched a little Gilligan's Island on the DVD system through the back window. :)

Man O' man... I can't get my Charger soon enough. :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Jadkyl said:
The owner let me sit in it to check out the Performance seats ...
How did they feel? If you had been given a choice when you ordered the Road/Track package, would you still have opted for them over the regular seats? Some people have commented that the more aggresive side bolsters may be a little too much for everyday driving. What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,783 Posts
Jadkyl said:
It was bound to happen sooner or later, but today I saw my first two Chargers out and about on the road.

I saw what I believe was an Inferno Red SE or possibly an SXT haulin' a$$ in the opposite direction near St. Cloud Minnesota, early this afternoon. :wink:

The second was a shiny new Daytona, fully loaded, with only 107 miles on it.
(#0109) It has definately found a happy home.

The owner let me sit in it to check out the Performance seats, and I even watched a little Gilligan's Island on the DVD system through the back window. :)

Man O' man... I can't get my Charger soon enough. :sad:


Where abouts did you see the Daytona? I have only seen a handful of Chargers on the road, most being SE's and SXT's. I have seen (and test drove) a Daytona, but they were asking way too much ($11,000.00 over invioce).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I've only seen 2 Chargers. First one was a grey SXT in Andover, then the second one was a promotional Charger. It was covered in Minnesota Twins decals and said "WIN THIS CAR" on the decklid. It looked terrible. I saw that one in Plymouth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well first off, I've got a friend with an 04 SRT4, and the Daytona performance seats blow those away. They provide a little bit of 'guidance' and are still very comfortable. I would have still chosen them over the regular seats if given the choice.

The Daytona was, ironically enough, at Porky's Drive in dinner on University Ave. in St. Paul. (That place is THE home for any car enthusiast in the metro area.) I was there last night until midnight, and there were still about 50 cars up there, every thing from a 600 rwhp mustang to a Pinto pulling 400+ hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,783 Posts
Jadkyl said:
Well first off, I've got a friend with an 04 SRT4, and the Daytona performance seats blow those away. They provide a little bit of 'guidance' and are still very comfortable. I would have still chosen them over the regular seats if given the choice.

The Daytona was, ironically enough, at Porky's Drive in dinner on University Ave. in St. Paul. (That place is THE home for any car enthusiast in the metro area.) I was there last night until midnight, and there were still about 50 cars up there, every thing from a 600 rwhp mustang to a Pinto pulling 400+ hp.


Go figure, I should have guessed Porky's. Its been so long since I've been up that way, kinda stopped cruising University about 2 years ago when police enforcement went up......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Police patrolling is up... but heck, last night there was a State trooper there showing off a completely blacked out Impala patrol car.

He was there for about an hour, until somebody leaving Porky's forgot he was sitting there, and burned out for 40 or 50 feet. Needless to say, he dashed off to remind him. :whistle:

The police won't chase you out of Porky's, but they do encourage people to start clearing out of the other locals along University around 10pm.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top