Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 71.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has removed their daytona decals, and replaced with custom black gloss paint. Same or similar style, but would be a richer and glossier black.
If so, pics please..

·
Registered
764 Posts
I removed all OEM decals, had a decal guy make templates for the painter to use, sprayed base black / matte finish clear, it looks more black without the shine of gloss. I do nothing special to maintain them, I Zaino the entire painted surface just like they are not there and they have not glossed. I did this back around March of 2006 and still look great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never would I think of removing the stickers, unless I was to duplicate them with the por-15 paint used on the old Mopars to replicate the decals.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Never would I think of removing the stickers, unless I was to duplicate them with the por-15 paint used on the old Mopars to replicate the decals.
Im gonna have to agree on this...i would remove it only if u can replicate the decal with a really nice paint over.

·
Registered
619 Posts
my mango has been de-striped too. having DAYTONA plastered down the sides attracted far too much attention from the ******* types here in SC. i have gotten alot more compliments (from people with all their teeth) since i took them off.

and this hood is in the mail:

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts