Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at a daytona yesterday and noticed that all the decals are made of a vynal material. Wont these be faded and cracking after like 2 years or so? Also will these be covered in the cars manufactures warantee?

Jerry De Francisco
DefVinative Solutions
[email protected]
847-949-7376

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
defvinative said:
I went to look at a daytona yesterday and noticed that all the decals are made of a vynal material. Wont these be faded and cracking after like 2 years or so? Also will these be covered in the cars manufactures warantee?

Jerry De Francisco
DefVinative Solutions
[email protected]
847-949-7376

will they fade.... yep.... but there is vinyl out there that is rated for 5 years and longer... would need to look into what grade of vinyl these are made of.... and yes the decals will be covered under warrenty...

look at dodge ram sports, chevy z71, ford fx4.... all these have vinyl decals from the factory... and they generally look good for 5-8 years....

keep in mind this is not the first use of vinyl from the factory.... I see so many people worried about it... when it is really not that big of deal... people do it all the time to thier own vehicles that dont come with any decals from the factory http://www.lasr-decals.com/vehiclegraphics.html, any questions you can contact the link above... he used to be a member (sold his truck) of the truck club I belong to, and has always been excellent at answering questions that people had

(hell I was going to put a vinyl graphic on the side of my truck, only reason I didnt is I decided to buy the charger, and stopped modding the truck.... :))

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've see 70's era Trans Am's who's screamin' chickens still look good. Those are pushing 30 years old and they were in color. I'm sure the modern vinyls are better also.
The stripes on my Judge have been on the car for about 11 years now and still look brand new. It doesn't see the light of day very often though :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I'm really worried about, Sun exposure on a black decal will cause it to expand and contract alot up here in Chicago with the hot days and damp cool nights. Oh well I guess I can always have someone paint the decals on for me. Will make waxing a hell of a lot easier.

Jerry De Francisco
DefVinative Solutions
[email protected]
847-949-7376

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dont suggest painting it on...

anything other than factory paint will actually decrease the value of the car, this though would be nullified if you are buying a daytona because then no one would be smart enough to realise that the graphics weren't supposed to be painted on.....

get what i'm saying? if your buying a daytona, cool, paint them bad boys on there, no one will be the wiser. if you're buying anything else, get vinyl, the paint will make you lose value....

it's a catch 22, go figure...

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
NiteHawk said:
I dont suggest painting it on...

anything other than factory paint will actually decrease the value of the car, this though would be nullified if you are buying a daytona because then no one would be smart enough to realise that the graphics weren't supposed to be painted on.....

get what i'm saying? if your buying a daytona, cool, paint them bad boys on there, no one will be the wiser. if you're buying anything else, get vinyl, the paint will make you lose value....

it's a catch 22, go figure...
I have to disagree with this. Anyone that would be buying a Daytona years down the road as a collectible car will know what it was supposed to have from the factory. I install stripes and graphics for dealers and I have recently seen a 91 S-10 Blazer I did when it was new and it still looked good 14 years later.

It is just like anything else, if you take care of it, years down the road it will look good. If you leave the car parked out in the weather all year long then it will deteriorate much quicker than a garage kept unit.

As far as the vinyl on a "Regular" Charger, if you modify the car from original, it can be removed, but will leave "ghosting" on the paint.

I think the paint will have more of a negative affect on a Daytona because it's not the way it was built.

And by the time these original ones are not good anymore, there will be reproduction ones out.

As a matter of fact, I have been selling and installing Charger and Charger R/T decals that are a copy of the Daytona stripe to my local dealers. I have them available in Flat Black and Silver too..

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I just got them up a few nights ago - they look amazing! Earlier today, I brought the car in to get the spoiler installed and the owner of the dealership called everyone out to see it.. He said "Who ever put these on did a great job - very proefssional" .. I said "Thanks, I try :)"

I will take photos tonight! promise!

·
Banned
236 Posts
My decals will be removed immediately upon arrival. It is a pity I couldn't stop them at the factory.

I assume there will be no effect on the paint if I remove them immediately.

It's funny how some people will go far and spend $$ to add them while others prefer to remove those tacky things.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I saw the spy shots of the Daytonas before they get the decals put on them and I believe the orange is too obtrusive without the decals. That color needs something to break up the color with a little contrast and I feel the decals (would be better as paint) do just enough to give the orange a sharper edge, but then again, thats just my humble opinion.....

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
My decals will be removed immediately upon arrival.
You should be SLAPPED!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k each to his own! :grin:

·
Banned
236 Posts
Sporty, huh? Well I'm not after that Sporty look.

The orange is abolutely gorgeous. It's a pitty y'all want it covered or "broken up" as you say.

That chunk o'vinyl on the rear end has got to go first.

I do see your point, however. It does protect against those beer spills around the trailer park.

·
Registered
245 Posts
DutchMaster said:
Here is a picture of the stripe that AutoGuy sent me.. Im getting one - Ill let you guys know how it is.

I like this if these are available to purchase I want on the bandwagon....

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
DutchMaster said:
I will take photos tonight! promise!

Any pics yet Jason? I really want to see the Silver Stripes on the Black. I have another person that wants to see what it looks like locally and I want to send him your pictures.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts