Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added this to a non-Daytona yet? I just bought one and was wondering how hard the installation is going to be. Looks like you have to drill your own holes, is this correct?

·
Registered
49 Posts
COHMATT said:
Has anyone added this to a non-Daytona yet? I just bought one and was wondering how hard the installation is going to be. Looks like you have to drill your own holes, is this correct?

They have a Daytona at a DC product info meeting here and killed the chin spoiler driving it into the building.

·
Registered
608 Posts
John229 said:
Doesn't driving a car into a building do a lot of damage?
Good one, lol :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Seriously, I didn't think the chin spoiler added that much. You'll have to be careful parking against most curbs around here without it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i have it on mine and it took no more then an hour. you will need a special tool to do the job. i used a hand riveter to do the job with a tip i had to drill out to fit the fasteners. had one guy hold it up and i drilled. helps to have a car lift though. might want to let the dealership do it. PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info

·
Registered
45 Posts
COHMATT said:
Funny you should ask this question. I was at Helfer on I-10 picking up my car on Monday and ran into a fellow Charger owner. He was there getting this added to his R/T which was blue. It looked really sharp. After seeing his, I am giving it serious consideration to add it to my rig.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Oldschool said:
They have a Daytona at a DC product info meeting here and killed the chin spoiler driving it into the building.
Why don't they make it out of something that is soft but holds its shape so it CAN scrape on parking lot stops, etc.
Something akin to the "indicator" plastic on some cars to make noise when you start to touch something that close to the undercar.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, got it on, took about an hour, here is a tip for anyone going to do it themselves; I used double side tape to hold it on the car in just the right position in order to drill the holes. I also used screws instead of the rivets provided. I used the same screws that hold the plastic pieces onto the bottom of the bumper and the speed nuts, that way no special tools required. It does not add much to a black car, but on a lighter car i imagine it would show up real nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts