Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well go figure on this one...got an '06 Daytona and drove her for about a year, then got stationed in Germany and now currently in iraq, so pretty much she has been sitting for a couple years! :(

She has about 9500 miles on her and should be getting started every couple weeks to keep the fluids moving in the engine at least.

What would ya recommend doing before I put her on the road again? I'm due to be home for a couple weeks at the end of August.

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Well go figure on this one...got an '06 Daytona and drove her for about a year, then got stationed in Germany and now currently in iraq, so pretty much she has been sitting for a couple years! :(

She has about 9500 miles on her and should be getting started every couple weeks to keep the fluids moving in the engine at least.

What would ya recommend doing before I put her on the road again? I'm due to be home for a couple weeks at the end of August.

Thanks for your help!
Oil Change, Check Tire pressures , Rad and fluids are topped up and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You may want to put fuel additive in your tank before you fire it up. I suggest STP Super Concentrated Gas Treatment, it'll help until you put some new gas in the tank. Also, when you fill it up add STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner just to be safe.

Looking forward to your safe return! Been there, done that and I even got the T-shirt.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Don't forget to check the electrolite level of the battery and it's probably a good idea to put a quick charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts