Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...just need your help on this one. Got a 2017 Daytona and wanted to make it a little bit louder than what it is from stock. What setups have you done to accomplish this? Video if possible.

NOTE - Just trying to figure which mufflers to get. Not looking to replace entire exhaust. Just the mufflers

·
Registered
28 Posts
I personally have the mid delete on my Daytona 5.7 don't regret it. Nothing but breaking people neck!

NOW.......

You can either just do a mid muffler delete. Which takes the same tone and sound it makes already stock but brings it louder.

Now if you do the mid delete and the resonator delete ( the ones in the rear ) would sound way louder! But would have a bit of drone inside the cabin and it tends to be a little raspy which IMO don't like it.

Now instead of deleting the mid mufflers you can replace them with some Flowmaster's Super 10's and or some 40's They both make the sound sooo good and still manage to keep that deep tone and loud when full sending! lol

·
Registered
844 Posts
I did a mid-muffler delete on my Durango R/T, damn that thing was super loud Haha! One thing to keep in mind is if you live in a neighborhood, be prepared to piss your neighbors off with this setup. It will be VERY loud on cold starts, something I liked, but you will get nasty looks from your neighbors LOL! Another thing you'll also find with this option is a ratty/raspy noise while accelerating, and to me it sounded like crap because of that. This is a by-product of straight pipes, and this happens on the Charger's as well.

I ended up get Dynomax mini race mufflers put in place of the straight pipe mid-muffler delete. It still sounds great, and is loud but not wake the dead loud like straight pipes. They also got rid of the raspy noise as well. I've heard Vibrant mufflers are similar to what I've got, and are suppose to sound really good too.

Here is a before and after video I did going from straight pipes to the Dynomax's. I wanted to show the difference they made with the annoying by-product noise the straight pipes had. Now this is on a 2018 Durango R/T, so the exhaust note will sound a bit different than on a Charger, but should give you an idea of the sound difference.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a mid-muffler delete on my Durango R/T, damn that thing was super loud Haha! One thing to keep in mind is if you live in a neighborhood, be prepared to piss your neighbors off with this setup. It will be VERY loud on cold starts, something I liked, but you will get nasty looks from your neighbors LOL! Another thing you'll also find with this option is a ratty/raspy noise while accelerating, and to me it sounded like crap because of that. This is a by-product of straight pipes, and this happens on the Charger's as well.

I ended up get Dynomax mini race mufflers put in place of the straight pipe mid-muffler delete. It still sounds great, and is loud but not wake the dead loud like straight pipes. They also got rid of the raspy noise as well. I've heard Vibrant mufflers are similar to what I've got, and are suppose to sound really good too.

Here is a before and after video I did going from straight pipes to the Dynomax's. I wanted to show the difference they made with the annoying by-product noise the straight pipes had. Now this is on a 2018 Durango R/T, so the exhaust note will sound a bit different than on a Charger, but should give you an idea of the sound difference.

This is interesting. See, this is a great video. I dont see much of a difference under acceleration but it is a nicer ride while cruising. At least thats what I picked up from the video. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
844 Posts
It's kinda hard to pick up the noise in the video because the exhaust is so loud. It's was almost like a metal metallic rattle it would make in harder acceleration, and in between some shifts. Almost everyone that has straight piped their V8's have said they wish they had heard one beforehand. Some guys keep it and say it doesn't bother them, I was obviously not one if them.

I also forgot to say I had this in Sport mode, which is why the shifts sounded like they were winding down so long. Another thing I should also mention, the Durango R/T never got an active exhaust, they only do that to the SRT version, so it's full volume all the time for me. It is however, very quiet when I'm not racing it around, kinda like a Dr. Jekll and Mr. Hyde personality. And there is zero drone, because that will typically come from messing with the resonators in the rear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's kinda hard to pick up the noise in the video because the exhaust is so loud. It's was almost like a metal metallic rattle it would make in harder acceleration, and in between some shifts. Almost everyone that has straight piped their V8's have said they wish they had heard one beforehand. Some guys keep it and say it doesn't bother them, I was obviously not one if them.

I also forgot to say I had this in Sport mode, which is why the shifts sounded like they were winding down so long. Another thing I should also mention, the Durango R/T never got an active exhaust, they only do that to the SRT version, so it's full volume all the time for me. It is however, very quiet when I'm not racing it around, kinda like a Dr. Jekll and Mr. Hyde personality. And there is zero drone, because that will typically come from messing with the resonators in the rear.

Got it. Thanks for the info,, this is good. I might go this route

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a stainless Flowmaster cat back on fb marketplace used for 350. Good as new for way less and sounds great. Exactly the sound I was looking for. The mufflers are a couple inches shorter than the oem's and it gets rid of the resonators in the back. Mines not a Daytona but it sounds great. Not overly annoying to neighbors etc but definitely will know it's not stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts