Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is in my possesion. Picked her up last night. She was built on 9/8/05 which should give you some idea of how far along in the numbering sequence they are.

Very pleased so far.

Custom Plate should be D8ONA RT

Clay bar and paint sealant this afternoon.

RJ

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
congrats! Had my RT for two weeks now. I still like just looking out the window at it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
CONGRADS ON YOUR CAR .. Mine is #1936.. Born 09/02/2005.. I picked it up Wednesday...
They are some sweet cars.. I still can't believe its mine.....

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and nice choice!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Penroof28 said:
RJ,

How do do use a clay bar, and what does it do?
A Clay Bar is a soft clay material that is used to detail the car. First you wash the car. I use a spray and shine product as a lubricant and work on a small section of the car at a time. Spray the lubricant on the vehicle and then I use a circular motion and rub the clay bar on the finish. It is amazing how you think the vehicle is clean and this method removes small particles from the finish. I am told it is great for the rail dust that gets on them during shipment. After doing the entire car, I rewash and then apply a paint sealant. It goes on like wax but only needs to be reapplied once every 6 months. If you do a small section and then do the sealant, put your hand in a plastic bag and slide it across the part done and compare with undone and you will feel and see the difference.

I did a google and this site has a demonstration video that might explain it better. I do not use there clay bar so no conflict.

http://www.claymagic.net/Movies/movies.htm\

Here is another good link

http://www.carforums.com/auto_help/paint_care/car_paint_clay_bar.php

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well it looks like they did about 400 Daytonas in about a week judging from the 2 numbers and build dates. So number 3000 could be built this week and 4000 in early October.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new car RJ.

"... and we'll have fun, fun, fun..."

:)

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
CONGRATS MAN! have FUN! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts