Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25 hours old, 91 miles. Awesome car.

I'm confused. The Manual says "Drive moderately during the first 300 miles. After the initial 60 miles, speeds up to 50 or 55 mph are desirable....Wide open throttle acceleration in low gear can be detrimental and should be avoided."

So, what should be done during the first 60 miles?

Did I damage the car by taking the freeway with only 10 miles on the car?

Do I break it in using "D". If so, then how long before I can freely shift through the gears?

Thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
After warming car up to correct operating temps,the first few hundred miles moderate driving,after that, air that puppy out,its under warranty!! :happy: :whistle:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Nope, dont worry, drive it like you STOLE IT! :smile:

Just dont go much over 70!

·
Registered
202 Posts
hmm well the charger i took on a test drive i took up to 85 and romped on it quite a bit. it had 14 miles on it.....guess that wont be the one i'll be buying...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
yesterday, I test drove a daytone and drove it like it was stolen, even the slesman drove it hard!!! I feel sorry for who buys it......

when i get my srt, I am going to make sure that I am there when the flatbed trck arrives...I dont trust the workers or salesmen

·
Registered
245 Posts
1247 mmmmm Top Banana should be here soon.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I agree, drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
1908/4000 here ---- Picked mine up with 8 miles, and have been driving it HARD since I got it. And - I mean HARD !!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congrats on the cars all around guys. Glad to see the nubers going up so fast now that they are rolling out the Daytonas. Can't wait till they can get to the Top Bananas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts