Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Daytona # 12 died yesterday at the BX parking lot in Germany. Lots of rain. Sewer drains that dont work correctly. 4 feet of standing water in the parking lot. Interior - standing flood water up to gear shift knob. It still runs, but insurance company has already said most likely total loss. She had 1304 on the odometer. Water was higher than in the pictures, these were taken after I opened the door and alot ran into the parking lot. So.............................replace with another Daytona, or go for the Bee?

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
2009 Daytona # 12 died yesterday at the BX parking lot in Germany. Lots of rain. Sewer drains that dont work correctly. 4 feet of standing water in the parking lot. Interior - standing flood water up to gear shift knob. It still runs, but insurance company has already said most likely total loss. She had 1304 on the odometer. Water was higher than in the pictures, these were taken after I opened the door and alot ran into the parking lot. So.............................replace with another Daytona, or go for the Bee?
That sux! Will they let you keep it if it's a total loss? You could still use it if it still runs (assuming problems don't show up right away) and get a Bee?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Buy it back if they let you, dry it out, clean it as best as possible and use it as a show car, then buy a Bee to replace it for a driver.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That's terrible!! I hate seeing pics like that. Unfortunately water damage isn't always obvious right away. Also unfortunately is even if they total it it'll likely end up out on the road again, potentially to an unsuspecting buyer.
If they take it, why would you not go for a Bee if you have the means?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
That's a shame. Hopefully there's something you can do to save it. Check w Matt (elcobra44) he went thru the same thing!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
So sorry to hear..................since that car has such low miles, the insurance company can easily get half (or more) of their money back if it still runs.....obviously, it would have a salvaged title, and somebody would have to want it.......hell, there are salvaged Chargers on Ebay with much more miles, selling for $13K.

When it comes to flood losses, I think it's more of a CYA for the insurance company, so if something electrical happens down the road... fire, etc..........you can never tell what is left behind, even after all dries out.

- Mark

·
Registered
919 Posts
Have you considered buying a boat instead?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Oh man...That SUX!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called the dealer today. They have 1 daytona and 1 bee left. Told the wife: "add 2 more months to the financing, and the payment is the same". Decision made. 2009 Super Bee ordered tomorrow. Waited a month for the Daytona, loved it for a week (literally), now to wait another month. If the feeling from the Daytona was ANY indication, the Bee is gonna be beyone awesome!!!!!!
At least its warm enough to ride the Harley to work for a month....
Good advise tho...Im gonna ask the adjuster monday what the buyback price would be. Yes it still runs, drove it home with water sloshing all over my feet at the time.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That sucks, Im sorry to see such a great car suffer like that!

I know exactly where you are! I went to Kaiserslautern Middle school for 2 years before we moved onto base. Small world. I dont remember there being a lake in their parking lot though...

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I think it sucks to see the Daytona end up like that, but I bet you are *WAY* happier with the Superbee!

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
That's a shame. Hopefully there's something you can do to save it. Check w Matt (elcobra44) he went thru the same thing!
X2 on that! Elcobra44 could tell you everything you never wanted to know about rebuilding a flood car! His was not running, either. Do a search for his posts here and on LXF, it's pretty well documented. ;)

Enjoy that Bee as well!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would so cry if that happened to my car. Hope you enjoy the Bee tho. It was my first choice, but a little pricey for my current life. Sorry for your loss, but congrats on the Bee!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Well seems like things worked out in your favor!! I know it sucks to have this happen though.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
X2 on that! Elcobra44 could tell you everything you never wanted to know about rebuilding a flood car! His was not running, either. Do a search for his posts here and on LXF, it's pretty well documented. ;)

Enjoy that Bee as well!! :bigthumb:
Well the difference between his and Elcobra's is that his is still running unlike Elcobra. So that part of having to rebuild the motor is out of the picture, its still running.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, placed a deposit on the Bee today. Didnt know I could get back the money I paid on the Daytona's warranty. If a car is under 36000 miles, you get a dealership to verify mileage, then send a letter to Dodge saying you opt out of the warranty. They send you a check for what you paid for the extended warranty. Pretty neat, as it just paid for the cat back and CAI for the Bee :)

·
Banned
370 Posts
hope you had gap insurance

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Well, placed a deposit on the Bee today. Didnt know I could get back the money I paid on the Daytona's warranty. If a car is under 36000 miles, you get a dealership to verify mileage, then send a letter to Dodge saying you opt out of the warranty. They send you a check for what you paid for the extended warranty. Pretty neat, as it just paid for the cat back and CAI for the Bee :)

I'd think you would have been better off putting that money towards the loan to lower your payments, but new mods are good too. And yes, if you purchased an extended warranty then you are due a refund. Doesn't work for the factory warranty though. Took us about 6 weeks to get our refund check in the mail for the warranty we bought for our Town & Country we traded in on our Charger.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts