Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Charger 5.7 hemi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help.
I was driving and the dashboard went haywire and the windshield wipers automatically turn on. All of dashboard trun off after a few seconds like if the car was off ,The dashboard gave me a message that said to park somewhere desirable because after I park i was not going to be able to trun the car back on until it get service.
I remove the back passenger tire because it was making a noise before the dashboard went haywire, and saw that some tire tread was wrapped around the router. I removed everything and put a replacement tire but the car won't start it acting like the battery is dead but is not, the push start button stay on off won't move to acc or on, the lights turn on when you open the door but won't luck with the keys.
Please help I will truly appreciate.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'm not able to understand much of the content of your post. Based on what I was able to decipher, I would suggest that you scan the car for diagnostic trouble codes. If you don't have an OBD scanner, you can buy a simple code reader for less than $20 from Walmart, Amazon, or eBay. Then you can reply to this post with any codes that you find.

Visit this website, type in your car's VIN and see whether or not it is subject to the alternator recall.

I'd also suggest that you take out the battery and bring it to an auto parts store to be load-tested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts