Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so about a week and a half ago my ESP and BAS light came on. later that night out of no where, all my lights on my dashboard started flickering all crazy (battery, abs, brake , etc. ALL LIGHTS). while I was driving. then all of a sudden my car actually started like stalling on me(losing power) that I had to pull over to the side of the road. I waited for about like minute, without actually turning off the car, and put it back on drive and kept going. didn't do it again till later. and now here and there it does it.

went online and seen that it might be the ignition switch, so I changed and it still was doing. went ahead and changed the ignition cylinder, and it still did. so now I'm stuck on not knowing WHAT THE **** IT IS!! my thinking it's a short somewhere but idk.

talk to someone today and said it might be the,alternator but once again have no idea. I'm trying to figure it out before actually taking it to the dealer and spending allot of money there.

Has anybody had this problem before? or know what it is??

If someone could tell me how to upload a video so u guys can see.

please help fam!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
all dash lights on at the same time

I wanted to respond to - WICKEDX5150 - I have had the same problem on my 07 dodge charger r/t (all dash lights come on while driving and seem to reset before vehicle is shut off) and is very intermittent. I haven't changed anything due to not being able to pin point exactly what is causing the issue. I am writing this because I am curious as well as to how to trouble shoot the problem. Any feedback is appreciated!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue with my Charger, was driving then all of the lights came on and with the ding sound, lost all power no matter how hard I stepped on the accelerator. I pulled over, turned the car off for a minute, started it up and it seemed fine as i started driving all the lights cam back on and loss of power, fortunately I was only about a mile, so it literally limped all the way to the house. so it's been sitting for months, i don't know if it the ECM or faulty connections somewhere. I've started it up a few times and it runs fine other times, ding sound and all the lights

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Charger
1 Posts
wickedx5150 did you figure out what was wrong with it? im currently dealing with the same exact problem.
I am having the same light issue with my car. My car was also stalling out, but I believe it unrelated to the light issue.
Would like to know if anyone has solved this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts