Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, been checking this site out for sometime and i have found alot of useful information. i have also found that by reading ya'll's jubilation of over cars i made the wait for mine even more exillerating. i ordered my charger rt, magnesium with road and track package on august 2nd, and picked her up--her name is DASH, about 6 weeks later. this is one nice car and i am enjoying every minute of driving it. the first new car i ever bought was a charger 2.2 and dang it was called a charger but what a let down that car was, and i just dont recall anyone having a coniption fit over it's names so i'm not too sure why "old school die hard charger fans" have a problem with this one, which is far sperior in every capacity to that little junk box i bought years ago. when folks give me flack about the charger name i just tend to agree or nod at them...i sure dont want some nimrod keying my car just cause they dont like the name. i am truly enjoying this car. my previous was a t-top camero, and while it was alot of fun...this car just blows that camero out of the water....she is one sweet ride. and no problems what so ever with the new one....i believe they built her correctly the first time around, which i am truly thankful for as a samll majority on this forum ahve been have some problems. by the way, i've never ever raced before in my life, but i did get my first "kill", is that the proper term? i took a chevy ss turbo and while i was jumped off the line, all i saw of the car was in my rearview mirror...then realizez was going 120 and slowed her up quite substantially...when he caught up with me he unrolled his window and said those majic works...."sweet". isnt something i'll do often, but dang....it was sweet. so hi to all you members, being female i wont modify mine musch as i'm pretty satisified with her the way she is. she's a good DASH

·
Registered
608 Posts
Howdy Dash, welcome to the forum.Yup lots of good info here and some good people to jaw/joke with. Have fun with your new wheels, congrats on the "kill" :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
DASH said:
...i'm not too sure why "old school die hard charger fans" have a problem with this one, which is far sperior in every capacity to that little junk box i bought years ago. when folks give me flack about the charger name i just tend to agree or nod at them
Don't let some of the classic charger fans get to you. I just tell them I'm sorry they are a$$holes. :)
DASH said:
...so hi to all you members, being female i wont modify mine musch as i'm pretty satisified with her the way she is. she's a good DASH
Welcome to the forum, really nice to see some lady charger owners starting to filter in.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Welcome Dash and congrats on your new ride. I know you'll enjoy it immensely. Make sure to post pics if you can, and chime in any time. I think I speak for most of the guys here when I mirror what Co-Charger said, we think ladies are great to have on a forum. Again welcome!!!! Mike :wave:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
DASH said:
the first new car i ever bought was a charger 2.2

Me too! It was black with gold stripes. I thought it was a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
hi dash, from a fellow newbie -- mix & add what everybody else said, except for the 2.2 charger part. welcome and enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, my first new car was a '84 1.6L Charger, and your right, I don't recall all the hipe about it not being like the good 'ol Chargers. I guess since it was a 2-door with the sloped rear window and a 4-speed stick, it didn't matter that it had a 1.6L 4 banger. I wouldn't mind having it back today because I recall it getting something like 30-40 mpg!! And I could fill it up for $10. Those where the days!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts