Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this issue?

My '07 Charger SRT8 (and I suspect all similar LX models) have a dash plate that sits forward of the solid dash - actually an access panel for mechanics to access and drop dash. It's "soft" plastic and fits right up against the windshield and has defroster vents molded in.

Anyway, it seems to be warped and doesn't sit flush against the dash. Dealer said it's nothing to worry about but it gets worse when the interior heats up (after sitting in the sun). Wondering if it's a common issue or there are any easy fixes out there?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Go to the dealer and let them know you want it replace with a new one they just replaced mine for not fitting correctly and rattling... It's cover under warranty!!!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine is rattling in passenger corner by the windshield. It also has a bump that feels like an imperfection on passenger side. I have to take it in and have them replace or fix it. How long and how hard is it to replace that dash cover?

·
Registered
686 Posts
That filler panel is just snapped down in place. Just reach on in close to the front windshield and push down on the panel. If the pins are not fully seated it may pop into place and fix your problem .

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That filler panel is just snapped down in place. Just reach on in close to the front windshield and push down on the panel. If the pins are not fully seated it may pop into place and fix your problem .
yep... what he said. It pops into place. You may have to remove it completely (out of the car) and make sure all the metal retaining clips are fully seated on the plastic trim (the piece you just removed) before popping it back into place.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone had this issue?

My '07 Charger SRT8 (and I suspect all similar LX models) have a dash plate that sits forward of the solid dash - actually an access panel for mechanics to access and drop dash. It's "soft" plastic and fits right up against the windshield and has defroster vents molded in.

Anyway, it seems to be warped and doesn't sit flush against the dash. Dealer said it's nothing to worry about but it gets worse when the interior heats up (after sitting in the sun). Wondering if it's a common issue or there are any easy fixes out there?
I have noticed that also. I will try to push down on the high spots to latch them.
Randy

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
rattling it's still theire but it comes and go's i notice it happenes when it's realy hot...I also notice it comes when i move(shake) the wheel it's not that bad but it's theire...it could be another rattling maybe not related to the smaller cover(grille)...dunno yet!

yeah first time i took in for rattling the tech told me it was not sannaped in place correctly so he snapped it back in...left but went back the next day for a replacement since noice was still theire...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I pulled that dash cover today to find the rattling and discovered, info from here, that the dash speaker on passenger side was not screwed down tight. I put a little lock tite on the threads and reinstalled the dash and no more rattling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.