Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of doing a couple of very simple dash mods that I haven't seen yet but first I'd like to know if anyone knows where to buy a replacement part, preferably one that doesn't say dodge, or any other ideas how to remove the bar & replace it or cover it? My last resort I suppose would be to maybe paint it?? Don't really want to though.. Here's the part I'm talking about:

By mr_brooks at 2009-08-20

(The thin plastic bar just about 4" above the glove compartment)
I'd really like to oust that part, the help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
if you take it out, your going to see where it was sunk into the dash.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
the pic doesn't show up for me :(

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I saw the pic earlier this morning... You could always take the strip off and replace with a carbon fiber one from an SRT... not sure if it will fit perfectly but it's worth looking into

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I might try that, can someone with an SRT calculate the dimensions for me please, that would be greatly appreciate. If I do remove it I might try to sand off the letters & then maybe paint it?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the pic attached, I'll find another one just in case it doesn't show up again

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a couple other pics:
(It's the silver plastic bar across the dash, approximately 4" above the glove compartment, on the SRT it's CF)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome Thanks a mill bra, did you put the srt emblem on it?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhh just lookin at the CF just puts a smile on my face, it would be the most perfect touch for what I wanna do

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not too big of a fan of CF, I love the bar, but what other pieces come in CF? Might look into it cause I'm trying to get the whole interior Black & the only thing that isn't is that pesky bar, the front windshield pillars & ceiling which are like a light tan cloth & all the little chrome which I plan to de-chrome. But yeah what other pieces?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I'm not too big of a fan of CF, I love the bar, but what other pieces come in CF? Might look into it cause I'm trying to get the whole interior Black & the only thing that isn't is that pesky bar, the front windshield pillars & ceiling which are like a light tan cloth & all the little chrome which I plan to de-chrome. But yeah what other pieces?

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/2008-carbon-fiber-door-pull68042200aa.html

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/carbon-fiber-console-shifter-bezel-1hq331aaac1hq331aaac.html

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awesome thanks man I'm gonna measure it later tonight

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I think those three would be a nice upgrade!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, yeah pretty much as far as the Interior goes my plan is:
-The black pillars & ceiling fabric (maybe from dealership; & the 2 gauge pod pillar after some per. mods)
-De-chrome everything (http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113064...Thanks to WestCoastDan for the idea & how to)
-The Hurst Comp Stick Shifter Kit
-Blue interior replacement lights & underdash LED kit & cupholder LED's
-Blue gauge rings like these pink ones I'll post
-The SRT-8 CF Replacement Dashbar like the one I'll post
-Blue BT O-Rings
-& a Blue replacement light for inside the Center Console

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts