Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a dash kit. I should be getting it within a week or 2. It was $344 marked down to $240. But I got it a little cheaper.

I was wondering what you guys thought of it. I found pictures of what it looks like in a Magnum. Do you guys think it looks good? Should I keep it or try to sell it? Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
If it was me i wouldn't use all of it. Maybe just the radio trim and shifter trim. Possibly the window switch trim. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
If it was me i wouldn't use all of it. Maybe just the radio trim and shifter trim. Possibly the window switch trim. Just my opinion.
i agree...please dont use all...around the radio trim, trim around the shift knob...and maybe the steering wheel...it'll be too much cf if you use all the parts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just ordered a dash kit. I should be getting it within a week or 2. It was $344 marked down to $240. But I got it a little cheaper.

I was wondering what you guys thought of it. I found pictures of what it looks like in a Magnum. Do you guys think it looks good? Should I keep it or try to sell it? Thanks guys!
wow...the Magnum owner in the pics spent several hundred dollars on his dash kit and rolls with $3 Wal-Mart floormats?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I think that it would be a good idea to not use it all. So far I should definatley use the radio trim and the shifter trim. Possibly use the steering wheel trim and the window control trim. Anything esle you guys think I should use?

·
Registered
383 Posts
that seems cheaper than my way. I was going to order the superbee bezel but it costs more for just two pieces than that whole kit. I also would not use all the pieces though. Do you know if that kit includes pieces for the overhead console? my biggest debate is carbonfiber or piano black.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe that the over head console is sold seperatly. You should keep your eyes open on E-bay. I ended up paying 55.00 shipped for it. I got extreemly lucky. Even the company was shocked that I got it so cheap, they were kind of upset I think.

that seems cheaper than my way. I was going to order the superbee bezel but it costs more for just two pieces than that whole kit. I also would not use all the pieces though. Do you know if that kit includes pieces for the overhead console? my biggest debate is carbonfiber or piano black.

·
Registered
136 Posts
if it flows with your car keep it. i got grey burl on my black charger and it flows nice.
I've been thinkin about going with the grey burl. You happen to have any pics you can share???? :grin:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Not a fan - I think it looks better stock. Looks like something you'd see down in TJ!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I personally can't stand that type of dash...but that's the beauty of modifying/customizing YOUR car...what I think doesn't mean jack :)

I'd recommend trying different pieces of the whole kit around to see how you like it, then go from there. It's YOUR baby...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think it defines the phrase "too much plastic" or the made up term "plasticy". Even though it's made to look like carbon fiber, it isn't carbon fiber and you can tell from the pictures. To much plastic is too much plastic. Pass!

¢.02

·
Registered
291 Posts
I personally have the Silver nickel one in mine that matches the silver on the steering wheel. After having it on for 6 months I grew tired of to much silver and began taking pieces off. I left the trim around the radio, rings around door handles, and top half of the dashboard trim and took off the bottom half. Now there is a nice contrast of silver and black and it looks alot better.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone have pictures of the "Chrome" dash kits in a Charger/Magnum/300...or have the "Chrome" dash kit? I am not looking to "bling" mine out, but was thinking of painting some pieces to match my Daytona and adding a couple that would be chrome (like the prim piece that goes around the door handle). I need to know if the chrome looks good or not. Does it go with the other chrome in the car? Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the black chrome dash kit and it looks great! Lots of compliments, really is a nice contrast with the rest of the interior. I got mine on ebay for around $90.00! I had a few problems at first, stickum not sticking in some places (esp edges) and there was one fitment problem. But Ive taken care of these problems and it looks good!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the black chrome dash kit and it looks great! Lots of compliments, really is a nice contrast with the rest of the interior. I got mine on ebay for around $90.00! I had a few problems at first, stickum not sticking in some places (esp edges) and there was one fitment problem. But Ive taken care of these problems and it looks good!
any pics?

·
Registered
154 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts