Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've had absolutely no luck with installing my double din Pioneer, first had a horrible cheap kit, the bezel wouldnt even stay in had to send that kit back get another kit with an OEM bezel, finally bezel fits great got it re carbon fibered radio installed finally works had to splice it with cigarette lighter now my problem is with my dash filler, its a tad bit smaller than the radio. Anyone have any ideas how to make it a little larger without making it too big but yet keep a good surface?

·
Registered
129 Posts
not exactly sure what you mean by this ? by dash filler, do you mean the piece that comes with the mounting kit that goes around the radio to "fill" in the gaps ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok the bezel is good. The radio is in the dash but my dash filler is too small basically. I don't think it's the metra one

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would have went with Metra from the start, not saying there are not other kits out there, but Metra is great. You might be out of luck unless you can come up with your own kind of dash fill.

I bought the Metra kit and a lower quality radio (PYLE), worst thing I ever did, the screen size was so weird (6.3) that I basically couldn't use the dash filler and had to bring the radio up some.

There are good aftermarket units out there, like yours , it just really depends on the design of them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
To get the best result, you might have to go with something more flush, not alot of buttons on the front. Im just assuming, maybe someone else with experience can chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts