Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced their gauges going dead for a sec or two while driving? About 3-4 times a month this happens to me. The strange thing is, it seems to always happen in a couple of specific spots around town. It has also gone out once when I used my garage door opener. Is it possible that it is RF interference causing the gauges to go out? The dealer says they cant do much to help and am am not really worried about it, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
sounds like a Bermuda triangle type thing. lol. sorry i've never had this problem. i wouldnt think a garage door opener would do that, but who knows

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. I think I may need to wrap my gauge cluster in aluminum foil! :lol:

It only happened once with my garage door opener, and it was when the door wouldn't close because the sensors that keep it from closing on the kids were out of alignment. It was very strange. I would hit the door opener button and the gauges would go out. I actually repeated it three times and the gauges went out each time.

All of the other times they go out on particular roads in specific locations. One is near high power lines, one is near a large radio antenna (50,000 watts) and the other spot I don't see anything near by that would cause it. It doesn't happen every time I am in these spots however. :knockout: (queue twilight zone music)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts