Charger Forums banner

Dash Cleaner and Protectant

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tcope 
#1 ·
I have a '19 SCAT Pack with the basic interior. Matte black textured dash. What do y'all use to clean and protect?

#5 ·
Keep using that stuff and your dash will look like chopped liver in 10-years.

First, you should never need to "clean" your dash If you properly maintain your vehicle, you should never need anything more than a very light soap to water in order to clean your dash. That's assuming that you are like me and actually clean your dash every time you wash your car. The only way dirt will build up in a couple of days is if you live in the desert and drive in a manner that whips up dust and debris all over the car while you have the top off or the windows down. All I need is a light detail spray such as Gary Dean's Ultimate Use Detail Juice. A little bit goes a long way and you can mix it to your desired look. There's so much crap out there on the market, which guys put on their dash that off-gases. You actually end up breathing that crap. I'm surprised no one has died from it. Keep it simple. Don't overthink something as simple as wipe and walk away.

#3 · (Edited)
I think I read on the manual it says do not use products such as armor all. I’ve used AA before but don’t like the super shiny look.
I use meguairs and 303 products.

#7 ·
I use a dash-mat. It helps insulate the dash to keep radiant heat from soaking into the padded dash, which helps keep the inside temp down. When it gets dirty I shake it out like a rug.

#9 ·
I strongly recommend that you try this on the textured surface... start with a clean dash. That is the easy part. You then put a latex glove on and spray it with a product such as 303 (this is all I've tried and I see no reason not to use it). Massage it into the dash. This gets it into all of those grooves. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes but not longer than a couple of hours (letting it sit for a long time makes it too tacky). Lightly buff off the excess with a microfiber towel. This will give it a dark even color. It will also give maximum protection from UV rays. Of course this works on the door trim as well. Personally, I'll never go back to doing it any other way. Reapplying every so often is easier. Spraying product on a rag and wiping down the surface does not work well as it does not get into the textured areas. Same with spraying it onto the surface directly, it is uneven. Also, allowing it to sit allows some (very little) of the product to remain on the plastic. After all, why wipe 99.99% of it away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.