Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the install of Danko Reproduction 3-piece spoiler and 68 style tail light panel with LEDs. Mo asked me to start a thread sharing a little about how I installed the kit. When I first started the install, I was having alignment issues. Mo stated in an email that the placement of the center spoiler was very critical to the alignment of the kit. I decided to screw down the back section of the center spoiler since the center lower panel would cover the screws. I installed 10-24 rivet nuts in the sheet metal of the trunk lid to hold the center spoiler in place. Once the center spoiler was in position, the rest of the parts fell into place. In this install I used the 09-10 tail lights. Using these lights was a lot more work, but I wanted to use OEM lights and wanted the clear reverse light lenses. I filled the OEM light pockets with an epoxy and sanded the face of the tail lights smooth. I trimmed the side spoiler panels to Mo’s template and made a stool out of body filler under them as Mo recommended in one of his earlier forums. The body filler stools are between the top of the OEM tail light and bottom side of the spoiler side panels. The stool helps to align the side panels with the center spoiler. Once everything was fitted, I sent all of the parts to the paint shop. After painting around the OEM tail lights was done, I tape the LED light panels on and put silicone around the panels to keep them sealed. The wiring for the LEDs was easy since I ran the wires through the old sockets. I just pulled the light socket apart and removed the electrical workings of the socket. I wired the LEDs together and ran the wires thru one light socket. I reused the rubber grommets around the wires to keep them sealed. Again, please follow Mo’s instruction sheet and cutting template. I am just sharing a few tips I used to do the install. Thank you Mo for all of your hard work. You are a true artist! This design has given my Charger an awesome look. Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
. Beautiful

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That's really incredible looking. Awesome work! And congrats very cool mod.

Sent from Galaxy.....S4 that is

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Congrats, looks killer. Glad there's finally more folks joining the danko rear end family! Ddaddy needs to be next now.

How'd you mount / where'd you get the SRT badge for the center piece?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SRT Badge

InvictuSRT8, I purchased the SRT ( MOPAR Part# 1WS20SZ0AB) from EBAY seller Steve White Motors out of NC. Call 1-800-779-3634 direct and ask for EBAY discount price. The badge just sticks on.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Beautiful job! Great R&D work with the 9-10 lights, this is definitely another viable option now. Since the tails get painted anyhow, it's not such a big deal to smooth away the recessed areas, I am starting to see the light! I also love the Chally side marker you installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts