Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does a damaged damper can do? i mean my car shakes, couse the engine shakes too, but theres no engine problem or DTC, so my mechanic checked the car and found out that the damper was damaged, with dameged rubber too, i saw it, so can a damaged dameper can make the engine shake, i mean the other name for the damper its the vibration pulley i guess

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im about to

well im about to change the damper, im just waiting for the part from the dealer, tomorrow they ll have it , so i dont think there will be any problem, ill use the car just for the necessesary thing and a slow speed.

thanks for the advice, but can you tell me if the shaking is part of this defective dumper.... thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
well did you fix it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did

Well i did it, brand new damper, the old one was like little bit of damaged, but its still shaking, the check engine light came on again with p0308 , cylinder # 8 misfire, the spark plugs are new, so a changed the ignition coil to the # 4 cylinder, so if the light shows up again on the p0304, the diagnostic will be made :beerchug: , but if it doesnt, what else could it be causing that misfire?

·
Registered
174 Posts
you have to check if you gap the spark plug correctly. the spark plug gap might be off a little which may cause misfires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts